PDA

View Full Version : Raising battery efficinecy

Ehmark
05-08-2006, 02:04 AM
I would like to raise the battery efficiency and if possible my rof while not harming my velocity too much in my mp5k. I currently have an m100 spring 9.6v 1100 mah battery , a eg 700 motor a spring guide with bearings a polycarbonate piston head with bearings bearing bushings, reinforced gears and the gun is properly shimmed.

Ehmark
05-08-2006, 02:09 AM
I was thing of adding a systema high torque motor and high torque gears.

AustinWolv
05-08-2006, 07:17 AM
Torque-up motors supposedly run at a slightly higher RPM than stock motors so that will increase your ROF a bit, but torque-up gears will not assist in that, so those two items will likely cancel each other out. The gears will also make it easier to cycle the spring, but the motor will be drawing more power, so again, the overall shots-per-mAh efficiency of the battery likely won't change much.

Please clean up your posts before submitting them.

Dirus
05-09-2006, 01:15 AM
I read at AirsoftMechanics about using a Mosfet solid-state switch to replace the high current through the contact switch which all AEGs use (inefficient, but reliable). It improved RoF from 960 to 1100, but required a heatsink. If you are not too familiar with electronic circuits, you might want to skip this. If you do decide to take this route, keep us posted, I'd like to see how it fairs out.

http://www.airsoftmechanics.com/guides.php?aid=14

AustinWolv
05-09-2006, 01:26 AM
Diminishing return
A point beyond which the application of additional resources yields less than proportional increases in output.

In other words, it is worth the effort?