PDA

View Full Version : Plate Carrier Replica

Bear
05-04-2006, 09:35 PM
I am a self-proclaimed gear queer, and proud of it. I enjoy purchasing high end nylon the same as many others on this site. But sometimes your cash flow just doesn't jive with your desires to become Billy Badass.

Lately, plate carriers and armor systems are quite the rage in the Airsoft world. I myself have and have had an HSGI Wasatch that I enjoy. More and more people nowadays are looking for armor carriers along the lines of Eagle's CIRAS line. However, the $500 price tag of the CIRAS turns most people away. While browsing AR15.com I found the armor carrier replica from Cheaper Than Dirt:

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/MOLLE134-44930-1977.html

At around $60, it seems like it might be worth it for those who can't afford a more expensive platform. I'll hopefully be able to grab one up sooner or later for testing and evaluation.

Katana
05-04-2006, 10:02 PM
You'll want to make sure that the PAL's webbing is bombproof on the cheaper carriers. Once you start hanging all manner of pouches, clips, and other bat-belt goodies, the weight adds up and with running and other shock-inducing activities, sub-par stitching will begin to let go.

I don't have any suggestions really, other than just to mention the stitching as something in particular to look at.

Good luck!