PDA

View Full Version : Goggles (placed in correct forum)

idealflaw
04-07-2006, 12:50 PM
hey austinwolv, do you have a reccomended link for lenses you've had good experience with, etc... i use a wire-mesh google (they won't fog). I assume that won't work here. if that's kosher, let me know. otherwise, it'd be cool if you have some suggestions.. thanks mate.

Dirus
04-07-2006, 09:18 PM
I don't have much experience with goggles, but I'm using the $9 V2 goggles recommended in the new player primer. They are pretty nice, large FOV, but fog pretty easily. I also have a mech mask, and I don't recommend using them. I still lug it around, only for the emergency where my goggles fog up too much, or if they break. Mesh bends easily when shot, BBs might shatter on them hitting your eyes with fragments, and they brake easily. Some fields, and most OPS don't allow mesh masks anyways.

Viper
04-07-2006, 09:57 PM
I can vouch for the V2 goggles, even though this is the wrong place to do so. In my opinion they are the best you will get for $12 or so.

spade
04-08-2006, 12:42 PM
Hey guys,

As far as fogging goes...

I don't have much experience with goggles, but I'm using the $9 V2 goggles recommended in the new player primer. They are pretty nice, large FOV, but fog pretty easily.

MeanGreen7 actually drilled some small 1/8 inch holes along the top of his completely sealed ANSI rated goggles, about 5 of them I think. It really has helped reduce his fogging issue significantly and as long as it's not too close to the edge and done with a good drill bit (Don't crack the lens when drilling) , there should be no reduction in the strength of the lens.

Just a suggestion.

Bear
05-02-2006, 01:12 AM
Since we normally do not operate in environments that require us to avoid sand and dust storms, I removed the foam covering on my ESS Turbocams. They rarely fogged before, now they are even better.

idealflaw, sentences start with capitalized letters. Thanks bro-heem.:D

Marimba
05-02-2006, 10:05 AM
Here are some goggles that I have that I like:
Hatch BOSS 6000
ESS profile NVG
Wiley-X SG-1
Wiley-X Saber shooting glasses.

Goggles that I don't like:
Wiley-X CQC (These just don't fit me well)
US Army issue Sand, wind and dust goggles. There is a Ballistic rated lens available for these, but most people don't have the ballistic lens. It you don't have the 2.5mm Polycarbonate lens that states "BALLISTIC" across the top, please do not use these.

Goggles that I don't have, but want to try:
Wiley-X Nerv Goggles
Bolle T-800

You may also notice that I don't list Turbocams. I have never had or really wanted a pair. I have almost never had a fogging problem, so for me I don't want the hassle of buying batteries for them. That being said, everyone who has a pair of Turbocams seems to love them.

Eye protection is very important, please don't skimp here. Any goggle or glasses you use should be ANZI 87+ 1-2003 rated. the lenses should be stamped or engraved ANZI 87+. The + stands for the high impact rating, which is above the standard 87 rating.

AustinWolv
05-02-2006, 10:24 AM
One thing to remember in regards to goggles is no pair is perfect for every person. It may take a bit of experimentation to find a set that fits your needs/desires, comfort level, and budget. Fogging is of particular variance from person. For example, there have been players that merely put on SG-1s and they start fogging, whereas other people can wear them in nearly any environment without problems.

By the way, the Turbofan series is very light on batteries, i.e. they last a loooooong time.

Regardless, the theme of the thread is that wire-mesh eye protection is not encouraged.

Low-cost options: http://www.austinairsoft.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1886