PDA

View Full Version : Putting a longer barrel in a Spetz

SnipeDefender
09-08-2003, 11:50 PM
Hi,

Tomorrow i will be replacing my Spets barrel with a full length AK barrel... i have no idea what to do can you please help me out hear...??/

THANKS!!!

AustinWolv
09-08-2003, 11:55 PM
You didn't think about this beforehand? ;)

Add a silencer to cover up the inner barrel that is exposed.

SnipeDefender
09-08-2003, 11:58 PM
NO, i mean i have heard everyone saying that extending the barrel in a Spets is Alot of work. They say you have to do alot of dremel work...??? I already made an outer barrel with a silencer insert in the end, to get rid of the hollow ecko. Im just not sure what "all the WORK" that everyone is telling me i have to do really is???

Obsidian
09-08-2003, 11:59 PM
not that simple....the spetz outer barrel is the same diameter of the inner barrel at the end. You have to take a dremel to it and open it up so that the barrel will fit through. The trick is doing it so that it still holds the barrel. The metal is HARD. It takes some work. Go slow and make it fit tight. Throw the silencer on after that and your set.

mcoupe11
09-09-2003, 09:22 AM
Perhaps, if you add a few more question marks, someone will offer to do it for you.

"Here."
"Echo."

HaHa
09-09-2003, 11:11 PM
LOL... gotta love sami's grammar jokes... :D:D:D

SnipeDefender
09-09-2003, 11:42 PM
Hey, thanks guys! I just finished putting the barrel in, using a DRILL. (it only took 2.5 hrs) I Made my own outer barrel out of copper and integraded a silencer in the end of it. This way i dont have the hollow echo sound from the copper pipe. Its really neat. The extension is 12 inches long. the last 5 in. being the silencer insert. I made the silencer insert like this.

The outer barrel is 1 in. diameter, so i got a 1/2 in diameter copper pipe and cute holes all allong the sides of it. i then wrapped each end with duct tape to build that up to a snug fit inside the 1 in diameter outer tube. Then i cut a fitting piece of wire mesh and using 1/4 in strips of duct tape, taped it around the pipe with the holes in it. (this is to keep any silencing foam from entering the barrel) Finally i wrapped the barrel in a small amount of Motercycle exaust pipe silencing foam, duct taped arond the foam and twisted and pushed the silencer insert into the 1 in diameter copper pipe.
Next spray paint matt black or whatever color you desire and your finished!!

any questions i can help you with?

mcoupe11
09-10-2003, 06:37 AM
Congratulations on your modifications.

"Integrated."
"It's."
"Motorcycle."
"Exhaust."
"Around."
"Matte."
"You're."