PDA

View Full Version : Famas

Godly-pk
04-02-2006, 08:25 PM
Ok, first off I am a big fan of bullpup designs,

Ok, I want to upgrade my famas to about 375-400 fps. But I'm not sure whether I can get systema Internals for the v1 Gearbox. Any help would be appriciated.

beasthunter33
04-02-2006, 10:32 PM
The V.1 Gearbox can use the same tpe gears as any other gearbox, the same springs, and pistons/piston heads. Things like the spring guide and cylinder head though might be hard to find replacement parts for. I have seen a metal spring guide for the V.1 gearbox before on airsoftatlanta.com but if I remember right they were out of stock at the time.

AustinWolv
04-03-2006, 08:43 AM
Whoa, slow down a second here. The Version1 mechbox does not use Ver2/3 gears the best that I know. The spring is replaceable, as is the spring guide, cylinder, piston/pistonhead. The Ver1 gears have a different ratio if I recall correctly. That, along with Version1 parts being very difficult to find and the Ver1 mechbox only fitting a 560 motor, is why people stick to lower-strength springs in the TM FAMAS.

The stock parts will take up to 400fps/.2g level spring, but after you shred the gears, you are out of luck. While not having owned one, there is enough precedence out there detailing this that I would recommend keeping it at a lower spring level.