PDA

View Full Version : My personal review of the CA M15A4

09-08-2003, 09:48 PM
I got my new CA Armalite in the mail today, and I immediately opened the box and thoroughly checked it over.
This gun is really solid!
I tried the tell tale gun wobble test and it feels literally like one piece in my hands.
The carrying handle sight adjustment is a bit sloppy, and you really don't want to mess with the charging handle, it isn't very nice. Better to just leave it alone altogether.
My ICS readymag fit perfectly, and so did my leaper's scope, but my leopold rail won't mount to it for some reason.
The trademarks are really awesome, and the RIS rails are numbered in the same fashon as the metal body.
The Metal upper receiver rail and the top RIS rails are not completely level with each other though.
A minor flaw, but that may mess with those of you who like to put lots of stuff on your guns.
This AEG does not come with a front RIS tactical grip though.
I had seen several pictures of it with a front grip before I bought it, but apparently that is sold seperately.
Enough about the asthetics...now for a performance review.
I loaded up the hicap that came with the gun, and checked out semi and auto mode.
This gun purrs like a cat! The internal gears gave almost no vibration on full auto. You can kind of hear a little sproing noise from the spring with each shot, but it is barely noticable, and it sort of reminds me of the real Armalites I shot in the Corps.
By the way, the rate of fire on this mutha is outstanding!
Even with a 8.4volt battery, it lets loose a hail of bb's that empty a clip in no time flat.
I tried the gun out with a TM standard and hicap, Aisfoft elite and CA hicaps, and the G&P midcaps.
They all work great.
Personally I prefer the G&P's, and I am very much anticipating the release of AK and AUG midcaps, if that ever happens.

Overall, I must say that I am impressed.
I checked out the website that I ordered it from today, and they are now selling it for 50 dollars more.
The original price is $330 and it went up to $380.
Looks like the demand is increasing, and stores are cashing in on this quality product.
If you are considering buying this aeg, I would suggest getting it soon, from a place that hasn't jacked up the price yet.
I have a feeling they won't sell them at the lower price for much longer, especially as the holidays get closer.
I will be at Hunter's on 9/14, and at the OP on the 20th.
Feel welcome to come by and check it out if you are there.
I have a hunch that it may change your mind of how you feel about Classic Army guns.
See you there!

Obsidian
09-08-2003, 10:56 PM
You were a Marine? We didnt use Armalites...we used Colt M16s.

09-08-2003, 11:11 PM
That is what I meant.
M16A2 to be exact.

Agrovale
09-08-2003, 11:17 PM
I bought a CA M4T and the tappet plate broke during the 3rd skirmish.
They look nice, but the reliability just isn't there yet IMO. Plus the stupid CA high caps still only work in CA guns.

AustinWolv
09-08-2003, 11:57 PM
Yeah, but Avatar said that CA's kick ass now in his other thread.....you know, the one that talked up what a great AEG it was before he even had it in his possession.

:p

09-09-2003, 12:10 AM
Ah hahahahahahahah.
Ah hum

Kyle
09-21-2003, 09:04 PM
CA highcaps only work in CA guns? I have been using a CA high cap in my M4 for a long time, my friends have used them as well.:confused:

Agrovale
09-21-2003, 10:52 PM
Many of the CA high caps have trouble feeding, if at all, when used in a Marui gun.