PDA

View Full Version : Build Quality- G&P vs STAR

wildcard
03-10-2006, 11:52 PM
Focusing on the G36 Long fore-grip with bi-pod. Both have metal bi-pods and polymer hand guards. I have read many accounts of the G&P fore-grip easily breaking in half if the bi-pod is not operated properly. This is due to the G&P piece not being made of the same material or the same way as the Classic Army piece.
Is the STAR unit of the same quality or better than Classic Army? Can the STAR's fore-grip handle more punishment?

Would it be better to use a CA long fore-grip and buy the 29.95 plastic G36 bi-pod from Kapowwe?

What is your experience with STAR and G&P?

AustinWolv
03-11-2006, 02:10 PM
This may or may not prove to be helpful:
The G&P products I have seen are ok (mounts, mags). Nothing special, but they did not strike me as really nice The internals from them were very poor.

The STAR products I have seen area actually fairly impressive. L85 is impressive, and their M249, albeit plastic, looks pretty good also. Supposedly, their UMP was crap but I have not seen one, but I did see and play with their SL9 kit which was nicely done.

On gut feel, I would trust the STAR product line more with my money than the G&P and as it specifically pertains to the foregrip, I do not know if those observations hold up.

Smokeater
03-11-2006, 05:32 PM
What is better STAR or TM?

AustinWolv
03-11-2006, 06:11 PM
What is better STAR or TM?
In terms of AEGs? Start out with the TM.

wildcard
03-12-2006, 02:40 PM
I would think that the STAR fore-grip would be a little better seeing as how they are producing G36s now.