PDA

View Full Version : OpTac/SKD Group Order, Part Deux

Bear
02-28-2006, 09:36 PM
That's right, folks, time for another Optac group order. Went pretty well last time so I figured I'd do it again. If you want in, here's what you should do.

1. Go to www.optactical.com and find what you want. Trust me, it won't be hard.:cool:
2. Post a list of what you want to order in this thread or PM me. Remember to include size and color if applicable.
3. Once I get all the orders in I'll get a quote for the whole thing, figure in shipping, and send you a total. Then you can PayPal me your funds and I will put the order in. Items will be delivered to you at any local skirmish.

I always use USPS Priority Mail and have never had a problem with OpTactical. They're a great company that I've done a lot of business with in the past. If you want in post or PM me with what you want so we can get this thing rolling.

MeanGreen7
03-01-2006, 10:00 AM
Hey cool site Bear. :D

Bear
03-01-2006, 04:47 PM
Just so everyone knows, there is no set time limit for this order. However, it will most likely go in so gear can be had for OP: Night Scorpion Redux.

Bear
03-06-2006, 04:06 PM
I know there are some who like SKD Tactical as well as OpTac, so if you want to order something from SKD instead of OpTac I'd be willing to try that as well.

www.skdtac.com

Dark Paladin
03-06-2006, 04:26 PM
No ESS TurboFans at SKD. . . :(

Bear
03-06-2006, 05:06 PM
Yup, OpTac has some things SKD doesn't have and vice-versa. We'll just have to see who wants to order what from where.

Keep in mind, SKD doesn't take PayPal so it might take a bit longer to deal with the payment issue.

Spartan
03-06-2006, 05:51 PM
Is there anything you would suggest getting? So far I don't have anything but a LBV and gun.

Thanks for any input

Dark Paladin
03-06-2006, 05:57 PM
Spartan, have you looked at the purchase primer? http://www.lonestarairsoft.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1886

Or better yet, what exactly are you looking for? An open ended question like what you just asked won't help us to make any meaningful recommendations for you.

shakman
03-06-2006, 08:52 PM
No ESS TurboFans at SKD. . . :(
The new redesigned ones aren't available yet anyways. If you really have your heart set on some Turbocams, you'll be happier if you wait for the new ones as the "old" version is prone to electrical issues.

Dark Paladin
03-06-2006, 09:07 PM
Will the newer version still be "deep" enough to fit my glasses? I was surprised that the "old" version fitted the glasses just fine.

AustinWolv
03-06-2006, 09:15 PM
Striker or Profile version?

Old version was the thicker ones, now called the Striker series.
The new version is the Profile series, which are noticeably thinner.

Of the new version, the first batch had battery box and wiring issues, which led to unreliable fan function and lock-out capability. Personally, that led me to return them, which I was then sent what must have been production running changes, as the new pair had different wiring and the battery box worked correctly. They are still not as durable as they could be, in my opinion, as intended for real-world users.

Dark Paladin
03-06-2006, 09:20 PM
I believe the set I borrowed from Cali during OPCF was Striker. I'll double check with him when I get a chance.

HammerHead
03-06-2006, 10:21 PM
I have a pair of Profiles with me, every weekend. You're welcome to try them with your BCG's and see how they work out, any time you like. Making the comparison before purchasing = wise.

Dark Paladin
03-06-2006, 10:25 PM
I will take you up on that. Thanks in advance!

Bear
03-09-2006, 05:54 PM
Getting ready to send it out, just FYI.

Mad Irishman
03-09-2006, 08:02 PM
PM sent.

Bear
03-15-2006, 11:02 PM
Group Order is in, all items accounted for. I'll be at Hunter's this weekend with items in tow.

Mad Irishman
03-16-2006, 10:27 AM
WooHoo!! (while doing the Charlie Brown dance) :D