PDA

View Full Version : Hicap feeding problems

skitelluride531
09-04-2003, 07:54 PM
I have an AK47 hicap and it has been having feeding problems for a long time, and I have been jsut to lazy to fix it until now (hence why i carry 8 standard mags instead of just one hicap). I wind it for a very long time, but then when i shoot it, it shoots 2-3 bb's and then stops shooting. Anyone know what the problem might be? I opened it up and lubed it but still the same thing is happening. Any help is appreciated!

Obsidian
09-04-2003, 08:25 PM
Check the spring that it winds.....it sounds like the spring has broken from the post and you are not actually winding the mag. You will get bbs up the feed tray just because it piles them up there.

skitelluride531
09-04-2003, 08:37 PM
im not sure waht spring your talking about...currently the only part i have tooken it apart down to the outer shell. I tried prying apart the two halves but they wont come part...i am guessing the spring you are referring too is inside the too halves. Any ideas on how to get them apart (besides taking screws out because i already did) Thanks

Obsidian
09-04-2003, 08:46 PM
You have to tear it all the way down. You will find this very long strip coiled up in a little round housing. At the middle of it is a slotted plastic part. The metal strip (spring) slides through there. When you wind it coils that metal up. When you fire the metal slowly uncoils and feeds bbs as it goes. My guess is that the strip is not in that center post anymore.

skitelluride531
09-04-2003, 10:53 PM
thanks obsidian, I found that piece stuck it back on the "middle thing"...now i just need to put this thing back together which is a little challenging, hopefully i can figure it out though. Thanks again!