PDA

View Full Version : Introduction Page

TSA Mattern
02-05-2006, 09:49 AM
I am here to suggest a sticky introduction page in general airsoft section....or wherever. For veterans and noobs alike, it'd be a good place to get to know both a little more. Not sure if you already have one, but didn't see it. The new player section doesn't really cut it for introducing vets who might be new to this site.

Just a thought,
Mattern

Dark Paladin
02-05-2006, 11:21 AM
Can you please describe the context of the introduction page? As in, is it an introduction to airsoft or introduction to this site/forum? If its the latter, we do have this: http://www.lonestarairsoft.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81

Just wanted some clarification from your request so that we can make this community better. :)

TSA Mattern
02-05-2006, 03:25 PM
My impression was that the "New Airsoft" forum was meant for new players to introduce and get to know others. I did not see any place for Veterans from perhaps out of state that might be moving here to introduce themselve without tagging themselves with the "New Airsoft" sticker.

Just a thought.

Or perhaps I misunderstood the meaning of "New to Airsoft". I thought of it more as in general, but after thinking about it I beleive the creators of it directed it more toward New to Lonstar Airsoft. I belive that what it meant. Feel free to delete this topic.....I've answered my own question. Sorry for the hassel.

AustinWolv
02-05-2006, 08:09 PM
The "New to Airsoft" forum really is for players who are new to the hobby. Over time, it has evolved into a place for players that visit to introduce themselves as well. Others have just posted in the "General Chat" section.

I'm sure we could come up with a Intro page for the site/local area if deemed helpful, but it would help to know what info would need to be contained within that might not be accessible elsewhere.

Either way, no worries.

Welcome to the site/area.

TSA Mattern
02-05-2006, 09:56 PM
Thanks, and here's some suggestions for an intro page:

Name:
Callsign:
Current Weapons:
Team or Organization affiliation:
Aspirations:
Bio:
Other Hobbies:
Random Info:

HammerHead
02-06-2006, 10:47 AM
All that information is in our profiles... not really sure why we'd want to duplicate the data in a thread. Up to Obs, though.

TSA Mattern
02-06-2006, 07:29 PM
Alright, well problem solved then. Just a suggestion, I have no further comments. Thanks for your quick replies.

Obsidian
02-06-2006, 08:36 PM
Not really sure what your looking for? Are you suggesting a form or something that people can fill out that would ocntain their info? That is something I can do fairly easily. Fill out the form and it posts to the forums type thing.