PDA

View Full Version : Maruzen L96 or Marui VSR10 G-Spec

spartan9873
01-29-2006, 07:52 PM
Well, i am trying to decide between a L96 or a VSR10 G-Spec. I want the L96, but on a review it said it was quite big, and me being a kid, im not so sure about that. And the VSR G-Spec is my second choice, but im not quite sure if i can add a bipod and i cant find an upgrade to 500 FPS. Also, i noticed that the L96 does not have any extra magazines out there. If you have an L96 or a VSR10... or you just know this stuff.. please help... i dont know which is best for me.

AustinWolv
01-29-2006, 08:26 PM
Did you try searching the forums? I know there are topics on the VSR-10.

As for the L96, it is a long rifle, but solid build. The hopup is a bit finicky, so you have to spend some time getting it adjusted for the BB weight you are using, and then you need to ensure it stays in that position, since the screw has a tendency to work loose. Teflon tape on mine did the trick.
There are available mags for the L96. I should know since I have some.

The VSR-10 is a more economical choice to upgrade to the muzzle energy that you desire. Supposedly, the hopup is easier to adjust and maintain as well, but I cannot say from firsthand experience since I have not owned one. A bipod can be added. Upgrades are out there, so you should be able to find them with a bit of self-initiated searching on retailer sites.

If a recommendation is needed, go with the VSR-10. Cheaper to upgrade than the L96, and the rifle length is a bit shorter.

Trench_raider
01-29-2006, 09:03 PM
I just bought VRS G-spec this week and played with it for the first time today. I really cannot comment too much as to how the gun functioned in the field given such a limited amount of use. I can however say that it is (with the silencer removed) a very handy length and fairly light as well. My usual skirmish weapon (a G3SAS with a full stock added) is noticably heavier.

Before taking the plunge and buying a sniper rifle I did quite a bit of online research and talked to some of our local sniper rifle users. I sugest you do the same. However, my own findings were that the VRS is a very well thought of gun, is reliable, accurate, and one of more affordable options open to new sniper rifle shooters.

As to upgrades, I too did not find any "pre-package" upgrades to 500 fps for the VSR. However more than one person has told me that once you buy he required parts to upgrade the gun, it's fairly simple to install. (well, for most people...I'm pretty inept with such things) I have also been warned away from getting a pre-upgraded gun from overseas.

Hope that helps a bit.

"Trench Raider"
who didn't hit a damned thing with his G-spec today....

spartan9873
01-29-2006, 10:39 PM
Thanks a whole lot guys. I am now more inclined to a VSR... seems easier to me. I have been doing quite a bit of research, and i mainly got the idea for a sniper from the last game i went to, a guy lent me a bolt action because i had put my SPC down to carry the dummy. It wasn't the most acurate thing in the world, but it was fun to shoot.

thanks again

TSA Mattern
02-05-2006, 09:46 AM
Keep in mind, the L96 parts are all renforced. I know of people that have thrown a 300% spring into their stock Maruzen L96 and had it fire successfully. Now of course it wasn't the greatest thing, but the point is it worked and that parts were strong enough to handle it.

The L96 is more expensive for a reason, its a stronger weapon. Though the VSR is just fine and can take numerous upgrade parts, if you're really looking into scout/sniping go with the L96. Professional grade.

spartan9873
02-05-2006, 11:14 AM
Yeah, im not sure. But i might not even be getting any sniper now... i just joined a team that already has 3 crazily awesome snipers. But this still might help me.

AustinWolv
02-05-2006, 08:01 PM
The stock sears will wear out regardless of the gun.

TSA Mattern
02-05-2006, 09:58 PM
The stock sears will wear out regardless of the gun.

Very true, but'd I'd much rather have the stock sears of a Maruzen L96 than a VSR10.

LaPHtA
02-06-2006, 10:25 AM
Sears, not gears.

The VSR series has three sears to watch after...ONE of which will fail before too long with upgraded springs. You'll find it a hard to get item. Many folks simply replace the entire trigger set in one go...it's better on the pocket book too.

TSA Mattern
02-06-2006, 07:32 PM
Yes, I meant sears, Another one bits the dust...thats what happens when I post late or with too much cofee. On airsoft core, I was posting late and said RPG when I meant RPK, mixed KWC with KWA and told a mod to go ***** off. Lol, not good.

AustinWolv
02-06-2006, 07:52 PM
with too much coffee Drugs are bad, mmmmm'kay? :D