PDA

View Full Version : Battery Information

kenpocop
01-25-2006, 08:02 AM
Being new to airsoft, I am trying to become familiar with the basics. So one of the things I want to be sure of is batteries. How do the volts and milliamps/hour relate to the operation of the gun?

Agrovale
01-25-2006, 08:07 AM
Voltage (V) can be viewed as the strength of the battery. It will primarily affect the rate of fire of your replica.

Current (mAh) can be viewed as stamina. It will affect how long the battery will run your replica for.

For a stock gun I would reccomend staying with an 8.4V battery or a 9.6V battery. And look for a battery with a minimum of 1500mAh.

kenpocop
01-25-2006, 08:47 AM
Based on that, I assume that if you increase the battery voltage, you should also upgrade the internals?

Dark Paladin
01-25-2006, 09:08 AM
Technically, its the other way around. You should increase the battery voltage if you upgrade the internals.

The reasoning is, if you up the voltage without upgrading the internals, your rate of fire increases, but you will overstress the internals to where you will have to replace them sooner than normal.

If you upgrade the internals (specifically the spring) without increasing the voltage, there's not enough juice per "shot" to pull the spring, so your rate of fire will decrease drastically, and even if you have a higher mAh battery, it will run out of power faster.