PDA

View Full Version : Austin Weekly Skirmish: Hunters Airsoft

AustinWolv
01-15-2006, 11:06 AM
Show up at noon. Skirmishing starts at 1pm.

CALI
01-16-2006, 10:35 AM
I should be there..

Dark Paladin
01-16-2006, 10:37 AM
I should be there with my quirky new M4 MBK. :)

AustinWolv
01-16-2006, 10:59 AM
Planning on being there.

Bear
01-16-2006, 12:45 PM
I'll be there.

Mad Irishman
01-16-2006, 04:52 PM
Can't make this one. My Broncos are playing in the AFC championship game! Unfortunately they have the early game. I'll try to make the next Hunter's.

Spartan
01-16-2006, 04:56 PM
I won't beable to make this one but I will try to make the next one.

AustinWolv
01-16-2006, 04:58 PM
Can't make this one. My Broncos are playing in the AFC championship game! Unfortunately they have the early game. I'll try to make the next Hunter's. Tape it? ;)

Dragon
01-17-2006, 11:12 AM
Tape it? ;)

HA!!! You don't even do that...

I plan on being at Hunter's.

AustinWolv
01-17-2006, 11:13 AM
HA!!! You don't even do that... You are right....I don't really watch NFL football.
And college football doesn't occur normally on Sundays during our skirmish times. ;)

CaptainKarniXIII
01-17-2006, 09:52 PM
I will be there, as well as 1 other (probably). It will be my first chance to use my new Star M249 Para. Hopefully Agro can ge t some of the gear too. [thinking about wearing mouth guard]

California King
01-17-2006, 10:15 PM
I wont be able to make it. I am leaving for the Army on 18JAN06. I'm not going to basic but rather the "Warrior Transition Course" which is meant to take prior service personnel from other branches who want to join the Army and make soldiers out of them. It's not the full on basic training but i've heard it pretty crazy none the less. Should be back in about a month or so for a short while before i go to some other training. Hope to get some good air soft in when i get back. Wish me luck!

AustinWolv
01-17-2006, 10:52 PM
I wont be able to make it. I am leaving for the Army on 18JAN06. I'm not going to basic but rather the "Warrior Transition Course" which is meant to take prior service personnel from other branches who want to join the Army and make soldiers out of them. It's not the full on basic training but i've heard it pretty crazy none the less. Should be back in about a month or so for a short while before i go to some other training. Hope to get some good air soft in when i get back. Wish me luck!
Good luck

Trench_raider
01-17-2006, 11:14 PM
I'm going to have to miss this one as I was not able to get leave from work. I will be at the TxPb game the following weekend with at least one person (Bill from Copperas Cove) in tow.

"Trench Raider"

masterofpuppets
01-18-2006, 12:05 PM
Will be there.

Obsidian
01-18-2006, 01:49 PM
Dont forget there is a 10$ Field fee.

Spartan
01-18-2006, 09:29 PM
I may in fact be there at 12:30 I (hope) to see you then.:)

Dragon
01-20-2006, 08:35 AM
60% chance of rain starting tomorrow night and 60% chance of rain all day Sunday.

Just be aware it might actually be wet and muddy out there and plan accordingly.

Rattler
01-20-2006, 04:19 PM
I'll be there this sunday.. with 1 in tow as well Drake is gonna make the trip with Me. if possible does anyone have a loaner he might be able to use ?

he does have an MP5a4 with mini bat. but the bat wont last him the whole day.. so was askin if someone might have an extra weapon if he could borrow it.. but I'll be responcible for the weapon, plus I told him he needs a more mainline weapon like 16 or AK series or ven the G3 series.. so if anyone can help out I'd be greateful..

Chris

see ya sunday

Dark Angel
01-20-2006, 09:35 PM
:gun:

AustinWolv
01-22-2006, 04:15 AM
Should be raining fairly solid according to weather report......people plan on showing?

Rattler
01-22-2006, 11:00 AM
Me and Drake are on the way.. soon as He shows up..

Rayzor
01-22-2006, 11:04 AM
Yucky airsoft weather if you ask me. Cold and wet. With possibility of rain.

But have fun if ya'll do decide to play.

Bear
01-22-2006, 11:50 AM
Meh, maybe next weekend.

Mad Irishman
01-22-2006, 12:19 PM
It's just God's way of saying to stay home and root for the Broncos!:D

Rattler
01-22-2006, 07:11 PM
well its funny.. shortly after hangin up with Wolv ... Me and Drake went back into town stopped by Kings Hobbyshop.. then stopped off at Hooters... well while eating lunch.. it sooo totaly stopped raining.. I was like wtf... typical tx weather lol

so anyways.. on the way back into cove we stopped at The Bunkers which is a paintball field.. talked with one of the guys who works there, older gent, nice guy but the owner wont be there till tomorrow.. so I'm going to go in and talk to him and see what he thinks bout haven airsofters on the field as well so we'll see what he has to say if anyone has any tips on what I should bring up to him and what not please by all means let Me know.. field use would be bout $10 per head and from what I saw of the map they have printed out its a big place with couple speedball areas and a larger 27 acher section with woods creek an so forth.

well just an idea of another spot close to austin kinda in the middle for folks maybe but let me know what yall think.

Chris

AustinWolv
01-22-2006, 07:21 PM
Ouch Chris, I know you can do a better job cleaning up your posts. :rolleyes:

As for this other location you speak of, how about just taking in a sample of your gear to show him? Probably more important is to highlight that we're all safety-conscious and self-policing. I'm assuming you are talking about this location: http://www.thebunkerspaintball.com/

Trench_raider
01-22-2006, 07:31 PM
I have played paintball at the "Bunkers" in Copperas Cove a couple of time. Their prices are decent and the fellow who owns the place is a decent amd friendly man. The site is a little on the smallish side and the fields are mostly speedball oriented. That being said, it's not a bad "mom and pop" type paintball field. How sutable it would be for airsoft is a good question...unless they have expanded it since I was last there a couple of years ago.

Keep us updated on what you find about playing there. I'm originally from Cove and am often in town due to my family still living there. if you set up a game I'll probably make the trip down to play.

"Trench Raider"

Rattler
01-23-2006, 09:21 PM
well heres what I found out this morning.
the owner doesn't have a problem with airsofters using the field, but he is wanting $15 a head, with that said I was thinking to Myself ok thats alil off the scale. but that is My personal opinion, they are expanding the field. and have 27 acers behind the speed ball courts. the 1 field he was talking bout letting us (airsofters) use in My personal opinion is way too small would be great for a pistol match.. but its bout 90yrs long and maybe bout the same width. so I was not happy with that. perhaps one of the more experianced players who's delt with owner might be willing to come down and talk with him ? I did stress that we are very saftey aware and stricked bout policing up after ourselves. But that didn't seem to matter much to him or so the impression I got was. maybe someone else might have better luck. but that is where it is standing atm... He did say how ever that he would drop the price to 10 a head if we had more then 20 people playing.

so there it is.

Chris

P.S. Wolv, I know I can do better from My privious post, but dinner was buring.. so I shot the post to hell an saved dinner..

AustinWolv
01-23-2006, 10:44 PM
If he isn't willing to let us access the 27 acres, I'm not sure what good it will be. Perhaps if he sees a decent group show up one time just to play SMG/pistol matches, he'll be more apt to let Airsoft players use the back area. {shrug}

Chris, your posts are a mess. Try to clean them up, man......forum rules. :)

Rattler
01-24-2006, 09:30 AM
wolv,

sorry bout My posts but english and grammer were never a strong point in My life. seeing as how I offend alot with My poor english an usage of grammer I wont post anymore unless its something extremaly short.

sorry to have offended anyone.

Kindest Regards

Chris

AustinWolv
01-24-2006, 10:00 AM
wolv,

sorry bout My posts but english and grammer were never a strong point in My life. seeing as how I offend alot with My poor english an usage of grammer I wont post anymore unless its something extremaly short.

sorry to have offended anyone.

Kindest Regards

Chris
See, that post was a lot better, mate. It doesn't have to be perfect, but it needs to be readable for everyone. A word spelled incorrectly here and there is not a problem; it is abbreviations and run-on paragraphs that make it hard for people to read.