PDA

View Full Version : Question about M4 Hi-caps

Grant
01-13-2006, 10:51 PM
I noticed that the ICS M4 hi-caps hold 150 more bb's than all the other brands. Is it longer or is it just different on the inside?

Also, how well do they work compaired to CA, TM, and others?

Thanks for your time.

squeegeeboy
01-13-2006, 11:35 PM
I believe those are slightly longer than TM and CA mags, however the innards are designed a bit differently and what not. But I would recommend buying high-caps that match the make of the gun, ie: TM for TM, CA for CA, some m16 mags don't work well with anything but their own brand of gun.

Phaedrus
01-19-2006, 10:19 AM
I noticed that the ICS M4 hi-caps...Also, how well do they work compaired to CA, TM, and others?
Thanks for your time.

Howdy,

Bear in mind that I am NOT an ICS-fan, but I was once attracted to the increased storage capacity of ICS hicaps. Some brief exposure to them (as lenders from a team mate) revealed that no matter how many BBs you have, if the mag doesn't work so well it really doesn't matter. :rolleyes: I had pretty consistent feeding problems with the ICS mags. This could be an isolated incident, but is consistent with some other (albeit limited) experiences of mine with ICS products (pre-dual mechbox technology), and other threads I've researched.

I've heard from everyone, quite unanimously in fact, and have had great success and no problem that I can recall with my TM M4 hicaps. I love them save for the limited capacity relative to other AEGs' hicaps.

I am also in support of Squeege's recommendation of purchasing like mags with like bodies if experimentation with other brands reveals that they don't fit. I also have heard that CA hicaps don't click to indicate that the spring is completely wound (Just ask a guy at the pitch with an M4 to borrow his mag for second).

One other recommendation in general (and this goes for any LSA inquirers who want to know) is to ALWAYS perform YOUR OWN SEARCH regarding a question you have. The LSA administrators put in a lot of time and effort to help out other airsofters and these are men who have full-time jobs, significant others, kids, busy lives, etc. It is a sign of appropriate respect IMO to put in some leg work yourself and then ask their expertise (I'm not an LSA Admin., so keep that in mind too with my comments above) if you are still in need of a more conclusive answer to your question. You'll probably also score points with the powers that be be sharing your initiative and modeling this appropriate behavior for other members to our community and this website.

Hope this helps,

Dark Paladin
01-19-2006, 11:56 AM
Installing a metal body on your TM AEG may also cause fitting issues. My TM hicaps fitted nicely on the stock TM body. . . but once I installed the new Guarder MBK, they were virtually impossible to squeeze into the mag well.

Whether the MBK or the installer is at fault is still being debated. But just something to be aware of.