PDA

View Full Version : Laser

miguel
01-07-2006, 08:39 PM
Does anybody think that having a laser on your gun is a good idea? I have used one at night and the only good it did me was to give away my hiding spot. Mine is really no use during the day so I don't put it on my gun. Since I got it I used it a few times, but now it just sits in my garage and collects dust.

Dark Paladin
01-07-2006, 10:06 PM
Like you said yourself. . . lasers are only good in low-light conditions. I've got a laser sight on my pistol and its really only there for aesthetics. . .

Dragon
01-07-2006, 11:51 PM
The uses of a laser are limited.

1) Marking a target at night. (You have NVS your battle buddy does not. You mark the tango for extra firepower on target.)
2) Giving your own position away.
3) Asthetics.
4) And this is just rarely used these days. Visual aiming without using the iron sights as they were intended. (IE. firing the weapon without aiming down the sights.) And this is only useable to certain ranges and those are usually less than 100yds.

YOU have to weigh the pro's and con's of using one. You'll find at night games around here that those with laser units usually have NVS.

adammike
01-08-2006, 11:42 AM
I like my laser for looks, but you can also give away your position on purpose so the enemy will focus on you and not your buddy sneaking up on them.[smilie=2,23,6]