PDA

View Full Version : Austin Weekly Skirmish: Hunters Airsoft

Obsidian
12-24-2005, 02:43 AM
First Skirmish of the new year. Show up at noon. Games start at 1pm.

January 8 2006

Kilo
12-24-2005, 10:14 AM
Is this on the 1st?

Ooops! Never mind...just saw the date - the 8th

CALI
12-24-2005, 11:27 AM
Something came up so it looks like I will not make it. Have fun!

Obsidian
12-24-2005, 11:31 AM
hmmmm Ya...thats confusing...I am testing this calendar integration but apparently its not pulling all of the info.

Sruikyl
12-24-2005, 04:12 PM
Im gonna be there, with my pretty new rifle too.
I hope this is an okay place to ask, but will anybody have a chronograph on the 8th? I'm eager to see what my new rifle is shooting.

Rayzor
12-24-2005, 09:18 PM
I might show up, with a friend to boot. Time to try my first AEG in combat. :)

1shot 1kill
12-25-2005, 11:01 PM
I might show up if I'm in town by then with my brand new MP5!

spade
12-26-2005, 01:01 AM
Planning on being there guys, its been a long and lonely December - my gun has been stripped to the bone but I should have it back in full effect by Sunday! Hopefully MG7 will be back and somewhat rested from his long jaunt to Colorado this week and will also make it!

As usual, we'll probably be there as reinforcements around the 14:30 to 15:00 hour

It'll be good to get my gun off after hibernating for December!

Spade

AustinWolv
12-26-2005, 07:58 AM
More than likely.

Jono
12-26-2005, 09:34 AM
I should be there as well.

BigLucky
12-26-2005, 09:47 AM
Depending on what the Orthopod tells me that week about my ankle, I wil try stuff it in my boots and come out........

Trench_raider
12-26-2005, 10:31 AM
Depending on what the Orthopod tells me that week about my ankle, I wil try stuff it in my boots and come out........

Ouch! I feel your pain, Lucky. Airsoft on a bad ankle is no fun.

I should be there as well. I debating if I should bring my new scattergun or save it for TxPb...:D

Dark Paladin
12-26-2005, 12:25 PM
Bring the shotty. You know we'll put it to good use at the end of the day pistol matches. :)

Rayzor
12-26-2005, 12:28 PM
What is this "scattergun" you speak of?

Trench_raider
12-26-2005, 03:26 PM
Bring the shotty. You know we'll put it to good use at the end of the day pistol matches. :)
Are we having the end of day pistol skirmishes at Hunters too? I thought that was just a TxPb thing....

Rayzor, I took the plunge and ordered a Marushin Winchester M1887 lever action shotgun. According to tracking, it is in customs right now, so I expect it later this week. It was smething of a Christmas gift to myself.
http://www.uncompany.com/images/marushin-m1887-guards-8mm_big.jpg

"Trench Raider"

AustinWolv
12-26-2005, 03:46 PM
Are we having the end of day pistol skirmishes at Hunters too? Yes, we've been having them around the shack.

Kilo
12-27-2005, 03:34 PM
See above, Rayzor...

CavScout
12-29-2005, 04:00 PM
I am going to try to make it, but I dont have a gun. If I do show up does anyone have a loaner?

AustinWolv
12-29-2005, 05:16 PM
I am going to try to make it, but I dont have a gun. If I do show up does anyone have a loaner?I have a G3A3 that is typically used as a loaner if you are interested.

There should also be a sticky thread in the Skirmishes forum with loaner listings. Depending on the person and the replica, some people charge a nominal rental fee.

Rayzor
12-29-2005, 06:32 PM
Sweet Trench, that thing looks nice.

So there are pistol matches at Hunter's too? What about if I brought one of my spring rifles/smgs?

Looking forward to it...

Dark Paladin
12-29-2005, 08:47 PM
Yes, we usually try to end the day with a few fast paced pistol games. It gives those of us who have pistol sidearms a chance to actually use it. It also tends to create very funny Kodak moments. Its a good way to end the day.

You're welcome to use your springers. Although don't be surprised if you find yourself quickly outgunned by semi and auto GBB/EBB pistols.

B.C.D.
12-30-2005, 04:42 AM
I plan on be there as well.

Bear
01-03-2006, 09:07 PM
I might just make it.

CaptainKarniXIII
01-05-2006, 07:56 PM
I should be there, it will be a chance to play with my PSG-1, and 1 friend who will hopefully go too. I will have my M249 PARA ready for Crescent Fallout though. Man I can't wait until that comes in....

LaPHtA
01-06-2006, 07:47 PM
Me and the tree suit will be on the field.

Mattdawg789
01-06-2006, 10:54 PM
I will be out plus atleast 3.

Ghost
01-07-2006, 02:49 PM
I might be there, and SPLAT might come too! I've been waiting to try out my new vest and elbow pads, and I hope my battery isn't broken. Laters.

Sruikyl
01-07-2006, 07:13 PM
I was wondering if anybody has a spare bag of .2's I can purchase, I got up to $20 I can spend on them. I just REALLY need some BB's or I won't be able to come out on Sunday, I really wish I woulda gotten my money earlier so I could have ordered them.:doh:

SPLAT
01-07-2006, 07:50 PM
Ghost and I might make it out. Does anyone have an M16 Hi-Cap they can loan me?

AustinWolv
01-08-2006, 05:47 AM
I was wondering if anybody has a spare bag of .2's I can purchase, I got up to $20 I can spend on them. I just REALLY need some BB's or I won't be able to come out on Sunday, I really wish I woulda gotten my money earlier so I could have ordered them.:doh:
Order and likely pick up at the field: www.airsoftworx.com

Mad Irishman
01-08-2006, 10:22 AM
I'll be there!:D But I won't be able to play.:( I hope to meet some of you guys. I'll be driving a grey ford pick-up.

Katana
01-08-2006, 08:19 PM
Thanks to everyone that showed. Attendance was good and made for a hell of a way to ring in the new year.

Kilo
01-08-2006, 08:24 PM
Ditto on Katana's statement!

Today was awesome!

Marimba
01-08-2006, 09:00 PM
Yeah, even I had a good time. I will be back after I get this tooth repaired.

AustinWolv
01-08-2006, 10:48 PM
Yeah, even I had a good time. I will be back after I get this tooth repaired. Yeah, that part sucked. Hope it works out ok.

Other than that, good skirmishing day.

HammerHead
01-08-2006, 11:27 PM
Stop chewing on fence posts, weirdo.

AustinWolv
01-09-2006, 01:08 PM
Great turnout by the way. Looked like everyone had fun.

First skirmish: Move-to-contact, 45min limit, starts points at Bismarck and New York. Single elimination.
Bluefor moved out towards east. One fireteam took north fenceline area. Smaller fireteam moved led them, a bit farther south. Other fireteam moved south towards St. Louis and onto Memphis.
Small fireteam took immediate hits from sneaky Opfor. North fireteam engaged, moved back, and regrouped. Lost track of their movement after this point, although heard they were in consistent contact/observation. South fireteam moved to Memphis area, engaged contacts. Exchanged fire for a while. Contacts tried to move forward, but had to fall back into heavier vegetation. More Bluefor moved into Memphis area, while others took up positions north of Memphis. Opfor moved 3man fireteam towards Conex box, flanking from south. I engaged two Opfor north of Memphis; 1 dispatched of a Bluefor near me, before both Opfor were hit. Opfor sniper and I exchanged fire, before he disappeared in some bushes. Bluefor near Memphis were engaged with south Opfor flanking team which caused immediate trouble, as one Bluefor covering was hit. Another Bluefor was hit, but I hit the Opfor moving up. Needed to regroup at that point, but I moved too far, getting hit by an unnoticed Opfor near Memphis. Remaining Bluefor at location hit maybe one Opfor I *think*, but was eliminated. North Bluefor continued their movements. Game time ran over; can't recall if game was called or people were hit.

Second skirmish: Move-to-objective and secure; 30min time limit once objective secure at Boise; Opfor 1 respawn; Bluefor 2 respawn
Bluefor moved out from Memphis, 1 fireteam going far south, 1 fireteam going less south, and 1 fireteam going north along rock wall roughly. Opfor seen moving from shack, leaving harassing teams at south treelines and on ridge just south of shack.
Far south Bluefor seemed to move unimpeded to approximately Vegas, observing. South fireteam moved down to creekbed, engaging Opfor at south treeline. Opfor retreated further west. North FT moved along ridge. I put fire on Opfor on ridgeline, hitting one. North FT then moved up, dispatching of other Opfor. Not sure what else happened up there for a while. South FT cleared south treeline, exchanging fire with Opfor sniper team closer to SLC, but they moved somewhere else shortly after. South FT moved into woods at SLC, engaging and eliminating Opfor at west end treeline. South FT then had ability to engage into Boise area, eliminating several Opfor. North FT continued to work forward, taking some casulties. Far south FT looped towards western rock wall, working north from there towards the well. South FT moved up to within 90 feet of objective, but Opfor had flag guarded well by Opfor laying low in good bushes east of objective. 2 attempts to rush the objective were met with quick elimination, with the 3rd member of South FT getting hit a short time later. I held in the area to continue suppression as Far South FT swept farther north and started to come east onto Boise, hitting some Opfor as they did. North FT continued to move west. I moved forward onto the objective, but was chased back by a lone Opfor lying low in the area. Put fire in his direction as did others, and somehow he got hit. As he walked out, Bluefor rushed the objective, taking it. Time limit was at the brink however according to Opfor.

Third skirmish: VIP extraction to one of two objective points (Conex box or Helena); single elimination
One Bluefor FT rushed to Conex box at start; another split distance between the two objectives, and third FT went to Helena. Part of FT at Conex stayed near box, while other moved south to edge of treeline. No contacts seen. Intel given that group of Opfor seen at Helena, along with VIP. Part of FT at Conex called west to assist, showing up as Opfor had moved north of Helena and was looking to move in. Part of FT at Conex stayed due to suspected audibles heard to their south. Opfor at Helena retreated north of parking lot, at which point they were boxed in and eliminated. VIP was not with that group due to very tricky Opfor duping and resulting faulty intel. Conex box group gave intel they had contacts moving in from east essentially and needed support. Bluefor stayed on Helena, while other Bluefor tasked to move east to support. Confirmation of contacts applying pressure at Conex box. FT then moved north and then east to enter woods at Richmond and flank Opfor. AEG fire heard from area somewhere between Miami and Jackson, at which point VIP must have been hit as game was called.

Pistol matches: Quite a few participated and pretty funny as usual. Nice shots made by many, along with trench hurling 8mm pain at people.

Nice shooting by all.

Kilo
01-09-2006, 01:23 PM
Great AAR, Wolv!!!

Marimba, sorry about the tooth, man.

Marimba
01-09-2006, 01:57 PM
No big deal Kilo, I knew that this was a risk when I started to play. I will however try to keep my mouth closed from now on. I will try to put up a photo a little later as a sort of warning to others to remember that there are risks involved in our little game.

Dragon
01-09-2006, 01:59 PM
It's also a great reason and learning point for people, and mainly kids, to wear Full Face Masks.

Trench_raider
01-09-2006, 10:22 PM
Nice shots made by many, along with trench hurling 8mm pain at people

Hurling, but not hitting I might add. Although I did get a few people jumping with some near misses! :)

Good AAR as usual, wolv. Also my future brother in-law wanted me to thank everyone for the good time. We will probably be seeing him out again in the near future.

"Trench Raider"

AustinWolv
01-09-2006, 10:34 PM
Hurling, but not hitting I might add. Although I did get a few people jumping with some near misses! :)

Good AAR as usual, wolv. Also my future brother in-law wanted me to thank everyone for the good time. We will probably be seeing him out again in the near future.

"Trench Raider" Yeah, there was a reason we weren't sticking body parts out much.....that shotgun was hitting hard.

Glad he enjoyed it. We got another one addicted, eh? :)

Trench_raider
01-09-2006, 10:54 PM
Yeah, there was a reason we weren't sticking body parts out much.....that shotgun was hitting hard.

Hehe....hard but still within TASO limits as near as I can tell. (cronoing a shotgun shooting more than one BB at a time can be tricky) In any event, it was amusing to watch some of you guys duck for cover and cry out in dismay when I'd touch off the scattergun!:p

Glad he enjoyed it. We got another one addicted, eh?

I hope so, despite the fact that he found my stock G36 to be lacking in range at Hunters. I'm going to try to coax him out this weekend to see what a faster paced, shorter ranged game can be like.

"Trench Raider"

SPLAT
01-11-2006, 05:12 PM
Thanks for the fun time guys. After Ghost and I get a little bit more money we'll try to come out more.