PDA

View Full Version : Stryker Throat Mic

Dragon
12-18-2005, 09:34 PM
This looks alot like the Cobalt Throat Mic that Austinwolv did a review on.

Cobalt:
http://www.austinairsoft.com/forums/articles.php?action=viewarticle&artid=23

Stryker:
http://www.clearercom.com/stryker.htm

AustinWolv
12-18-2005, 10:19 PM
Sure does. I would not be surprised if they are sourcing it.

CALI
12-19-2005, 12:02 PM
Looks like any (Cobalt/Stryker) will be a good Christmas gift for myself. Maybe this time everyone will understand me and I won't be needing a translator anymore.

HammerHead
12-19-2005, 12:29 PM
That doesn't have ANYTHING to do with your radio and you know it.

Dark Paladin
12-19-2005, 12:44 PM
Translation: I want more gear just because.

With love bro. :)

AustinWolv
12-19-2005, 12:46 PM
For some people, the best airsoft purchase is a good radio and headset.

For CALI, the best purchase is hiring DP as a translator. :)

CALI
12-19-2005, 06:39 PM
God...I know I'm a ricer but maybe a good headset will do some magic. Yes...I will be buying an Icom or Saber II radio and a good headset for Christmas.

CaptainKarniXIII
12-19-2005, 11:50 PM
I just got me a Firefox Extreme throat mic, and when i tested it the sound was perfect with no background noise at all (It has 2 mics that sit on your throat, one on each side). I got it for christmas last week...my mother's side christmas was this last saturday in good old Corsicana, Texas, regardless he got it for me at Cabela's where he works, and I can't wait to play with it!

Katana
12-20-2005, 03:43 PM
Not aimed at anyone in particular:

For anyone considering a throat mic, I ask them to reconsider. For the sake of us all. They just plain don't transmit clearly very well. Anyone that says you are coming through loud and clear is just humoring you.

If you don't want a boom-mic, go with a lapel mic. There are some extremely tough and hardy tactical-level lapel mics out there.

Mattdawg789
12-20-2005, 05:57 PM
It seems they work well when one is not moving around and it stays in the right place on the neck. That being said, when playing airsoft its very difficult to keep them in that "sweet spot" while running around getting shot at.

CaptainKarniXIII
12-23-2005, 11:09 PM
Agreed, that is why you should get a strap when you only have 1 transponder. The one that I got has 2 transponders and seems to work fine when i move around, we shall see after the next airsoft match in January. My friend is making a strap for it with velcro on the front so i can open/connect it easily.