PDA

View Full Version : Stock Springs??

SnipeDefender
08-25-2003, 10:01 PM
Hi, I have a STOCK AK47 Spetsnaz, and was wondering what kind of spring it has? I have been told that it is an m90 spring. If so, how much of an fps increase would I get from putting in a m100 spring? If I do this would I need to upgrade the gears? I only shoot around 500 rds per month so I dont use it that much. I just need the gun to last around 2 more years.

THANKS!!!

Obsidian
08-25-2003, 10:08 PM
http://www.airsoft-guide.com/default.asp?view=33&ad=1

littleNinJai
08-25-2003, 10:12 PM
The correct response would be: "Thank you, Barry." :)

SnipeDefender
08-25-2003, 10:16 PM
On that site do the yes's mean that I need to replace all that, or does it mean that the stock ones will work?

AustinWolv
08-25-2003, 10:30 PM
Since you appear to be having so much trouble with that table, here's what it means:
Stock mechbox shell - yes, you can can use it
stock gears - yes, you can use them
bearings - yes, you can use them, if you choose to upgrade to them. No reason to really though unless you are going for a hi-speed setup.
metal bushings - yes, you can use them. And I would suggest doing so.
Fast gears - also known as hi-speed gears. Yes, you can use them.
Torque-up gears - Yes, you can use them. They will slow your ROF slightly though.
Bore-up cylinder - No, do not use this with a M100 spring.

littleNinJai
08-25-2003, 10:32 PM
They are telling you what you need and don't need to make your gun shoot the mentioned FPS. The Y's mean you need it, and the N's mean you don't need it, I believe.

skitelluride531
08-25-2003, 10:46 PM
ehh, to clarify a little more.. I believe the "Yes's" mean that you can use it with the mentioned spring type. The "no's" mean you can not and should not use that part with the mentioned springs

Obsidian
08-25-2003, 11:36 PM
everything on that table is a recommendation. They recommend that after getting to such spring you get a reinforced mechbox.....they recommend you get a higher voltage battery. These are all recommendations to keep the gun operating at a level of operation and reliability that a person would expect.

Dragon
08-26-2003, 09:40 AM
AND

To make more money.

thejackal69
08-26-2003, 05:07 PM
Actually, correct me if i'm wrong, but airsoft guide is not an actual retailer of airsoft equipment, they just have a huge data base. They list retailers that sell each gun, however.