PDA

View Full Version : 11/13/05 AAR (Hunter's)

AustinWolv
11-13-2005, 10:34 PM
The skirmishing started with a short 5-on-5 move-to-contact along the Helena/Seattle rock wall, since other people were still gearing up/showing up. Bluefor started at one end, and Opfor started at the other. Bluefor moved slowly and got moved on by flanking team of Opfor while other Opfor maintained a line of cover as their front. Bluefor then attempted to quickly cross a ravine while providing fire, but a couple Bluefor went down from the Opfor front, followed by a couple more who got hit by the flanking team, until Opfor was able to clean the field of the last Bluefor after moving in a spread-out group down on that person in some green tobacco plant cover. Not much to say as this was a quick one dominated by Opfor.

The second skirmish involved most everyone that showed up, each side having roughly 10-12 players. Another move-to-contact was played, but this time the start points were kiddie-corner from each other in the southern ridge, rock wall, western rock wall, and creek corridor. One element of Bluefor headed south towards the SLC objective, I think. Not sure how they fared, although they did see engagements that way. I think they exchanged casulties? Other element headed northwest along the rock wall towards the well. A smaller element headed almost due west towards the well. Opfor got to the well area and engaged, holing up in hard cover positions. With some plinking from both sides, Bluefor was able to get to the rock wall and start to clean out Opfor. Opfor seemed to have a layered defense with guys in concealment in thick vegetation. Personally, I moved up to the rock wall, getting onto the western edge to flank a couple Opfor who were suppressing Bluefor movement. They ended up getting hit somehow else, but then I heard CALI's sniper rifle very close by. Got up and ran down the wall, trying to engage him, but missed as he ran away. During the run, I think I got hit for some Opfor rifleman, so called it after realizing it after a minute. From there, not too positive of what happened, other than radio calls that Bluefor was moving on Opfor.

For the third skirmish, we split up teams again. Opfor was to get a toolbox to Raleigh, starting from Bismarck. Bluefor was to start at Jackson and then defened Raleigh and/or capture the toolbox. Bluefor sent out a recon team and a separate hunter team. Various Bluefor OPs were set up around the field to observe and shift as needed. Initial sighting were of a couple Opfor taking it easy on the south road, carefully moving. Additional contacts occured in the north woods. I think hunter team moved west and then north to flank. Two Opfor came down the east fenceline, but I hit one of them. The other took off. Bluefor shifted people farther north, engaging several contacts every once in a while. A south OP then called that several Opfor were moving in from the southwest, and those Opfor started taking potshots into the Raleigh area. The northern units were still engaged here and there with Opfor. I moved north and attempted to flank the south Opfor, but they saw the BBs/movement and retreated towards Memphis area. Hunter team was vectored in on them, while I rested and then moved to the Conex box. Opfor made a stand near there, but I was able to put BBs out. Calls came in that Opfor activity was still ocurring in north woods, so the remaining hunter team (they had taken a couple casulties near Memphis I think?) and a couple others moved east and then north. One Opfor was laying low and hit a Bluefor, but was found a bit later and dispatched of......however, while clearing the area two other Opfor were found together. The two Opfor stayed quiet until hitting one Bluefor player, after which Bluefor was able to get shots in, ultimately hitting the player with the toolbox. Mission over.

After a hike back to the parking lot, 8 of us participated in a couple quick pistol games at the shack. Simple, but fun, and it seems like people always end up laughing through half the game.

Nice shooting.

AustinWolv
11-14-2005, 11:22 AM
Also, I should apologize for screwing around with that cheap shotgun in the parking lot. While seemingly harmless, in retrospect it basically set a bad example about keeping replicas put up and not active there.

Smog
11-14-2005, 01:16 PM
:cheers: When has a Rubbermaid done any harm?

BigLucky
11-14-2005, 01:24 PM
I also need to apologize............ need to keep gun in holster in parking lot...........

Dragon
11-14-2005, 01:42 PM
Aren't weapons supposed to be unloaded when they are in the parking lot?

Isn't muzzle direction in the parking lot supposed to be Up or Down also?

Shame, shame BL... Expecially coming from you. Mr. IDPA/IPSC

:AR15:

AustinWolv
11-14-2005, 02:00 PM
Aren't weapons supposed to be unloaded when they are in the parking lot? "Mags out"
That has never been a hard rule that I recall, although encouraged.

Isn't muzzle direction in the parking lot supposed to be Up or Down also? Yes

No need for people to comment if they were not there.

Mattdawg789
11-15-2005, 08:30 PM
Although unsafe, I thought the rubbermaid shotgun was more of a practical joke than anything harmful. On the other hand, BL extended burst from his glock was crossing the line.

CALI
11-16-2005, 08:24 AM
I'm not sure what your talking about and maybe I already left (I don't need to know). Since I didn't hear anybody getting hurt I think its all good; however, it should not happen again. "Just aim at me next time"...hehehe :)

AustinWolv
11-16-2005, 08:44 AM
Guys, it was a lapse in judgement that everyone needs to be vigilant to avoid. Lesson learned, and we'll be better for it.