PDA

View Full Version : Magpuls

Dark Paladin
11-02-2005, 06:57 PM
Was searching around for Magpuls, and didn't find a whole lot on LSA from the Search function.

So instead I used Google and came across this, which seems to be a good deal. Feel free to comment if you've had experience with them.

http://www.bizplaces.com/magpul/search_results.asp?txtsearchParamCat=2&txtsearchParamType=ALL&txtsearchParamMan=ALL&txtsearchParamVen=ALL&iLevel=1

CALI
11-02-2005, 07:54 PM
Nah...This one is cheaper and they are in Austin.
http://www.gtdist.com/ProductDetail.aspx?PartNumber=MAGPUL-MAG001-XX

Let me know if you're interested going there. We can set up a lunch time visit and shopping at GT Distributor. They have a good cutomers service and lots of goodies.

AustinWolv
11-02-2005, 08:30 PM
Cheaper still: http://www.lonestarairsoft.com/forums/articles.php?action=viewarticle&artid=21

Dark Paladin
11-02-2005, 10:07 PM
Yeah, I've been meaning to go up to GT Dist for a while. I may pick up the cold weather gloves while I'm there. Although I'd prefer to have one more person for the trip since I don't feel particularly safe being alone with Cali. ;)

AW, nice tutorial. My secondary concern is dropping my mags on the ground, which I'm apt to do due to my clumsy self. I suppose adding some 100MPH tape is an option to ensure longetivity?

AustinWolv
11-02-2005, 10:11 PM
My secondary concern is dropping my mags on the ground, which I'm apt to do due to my clumsy self. I suppose adding some 100MPH tape is an option to ensure longetivity? Sorry, I'm not following what your concern is......floorplate coming loose? Paracord coming loose?

My mags have been all over the place. No worries.

Dark Paladin
11-02-2005, 10:21 PM
Sorry, I'm not following what your concern is......floorplate coming loose? Paracord coming loose?

My mags have been all over the place. No worries.

My bad, should've been more specific. Yes, I'm concerned about the floorplate coming loose.

AustinWolv
11-02-2005, 10:38 PM
My bad, should've been more specific. Yes, I'm concerned about the floorplate coming loose. Hi-caps mags have a screw going through the floorplate, so don't think that is a concern.

All my standards have paracord magpulls on.....the floorplate slides onto the mag shell and is held on pretty tightly. You can put a shallow bend on it to hold even tighter if you choose. I have never been concerned about them coming off or had one come loose.

Reference is M16 mags here by the way. In my opinion, your concern is more applicable to other types of mags.

Dark Paladin
11-02-2005, 10:41 PM
Yeah, my original assumptions were about the M16 style mags as well. . . although it would be nice to apply the same treatment for the FAMAS mags for my anime gun.

BTW, I noticed that you can't do this for the Star mags. . . they simply aren't built that way. . .

CALI
11-03-2005, 08:41 AM
[QUOTE=Dark Paladin]Yeah, I've been meaning to go up to GT Dist for a while. I may pick up the cold weather gloves while I'm there. Although I'd prefer to have one more person for the trip since I don't feel particularly safe being alone with Cali. ;)

lol, Fine with me. You can invite anybody you want and just let me know when. (maybe Wolv wants to go...)

AustinWolv
11-03-2005, 09:04 AM
BTW, I noticed that you can't do this for the Star mags. . . they simply aren't built that way. . . Solid plastic construction, eh?

In that case, cut 3 lengths of paracord. Use light adhesive, like Shoo-Goo for example, and adhere one length of paracord in each respective groove of the mag shell, forming a loop around the bottom of the mag to the other side. Then, wrap 1-2 times around that with 100mph tape. Have done this with M16 mags before also, and it held very tightly.

Tons of ways to do it. Cheaper than Magpulls and offers collapsing/flexible design that takes up less pouch (and dump pouch) space. :)