PDA

View Full Version : Cylinder head removal tool

SniperSon2002
10-26-2005, 04:56 PM
Troy or Laphta do either of you have this tool for the VSR? Or should I not worry about it and drill it out?

LaPHtA
10-26-2005, 05:33 PM
I have one.

It only helps in turning AFTER you drilled out the pin.

It's not entirely neessary if you can get a good grip on the piston head and turn it.

More important to me is the nut with screw to help keep the spring loaded back while you work on it. I have that too.

SniperSon2002
10-26-2005, 05:46 PM
Right on. My understanding was it was used to actually remove the pin in one way shape form or fashion. But thats good to know. I guess I will set up a soft clamp to drill that baby out then. Appreciate it man.

SniperSon2002
10-26-2005, 05:48 PM
Oh yeah did you make the nut/screw thingy or did you buy it somewhere? I haven't seen it anywhere hense the Q.

LaPHtA
10-26-2005, 05:57 PM
Came in the upgrade kit I got from DenTrinityshop.com

spazzytroy
10-28-2005, 11:36 PM
What what!? Who needs fancy tools. I bought my mods from different places, so I have no special tools. The stock cylinder head is kind of a pain to get off since it only has one hole. The Laylax one has two, so you can open a pair of needle-nose pliers, stick them in the holes, and turn to remove the head without damaging the tube.

I didn't know you needed to keep the spring loaded back for any work, got a specific example?

LaPHtA
10-29-2005, 11:03 AM
Yeah, it's a big nut that slips over the outside the entire assemble. You tighten a screw into the piston after drawing it back and it hold it in place while you remove the cylinder head. Just help in not putting preffure on the cylinder head when unscrewing it.

Troy, will reply to your PM in a bit.