PDA

View Full Version : 10/23/05 TXPB skirmish recap

AustinWolv
10-23-2005, 07:49 PM
Good times today! Weather was great, i.e. first cooler day of the season. :D

About 10 of us were geared up today.
Played a couple move-to-contacts in the wooded region of the field, with both sides making some nice shots. Then, we moved over to the creek area, where we played a head-to-head skirmish from trenches to the bend in the road, but used the treeline as a boundary. Then, we moved up for a quick skirmish of 6 guys assaulting 4 guys at a defended location. 6 guys were given a medic, who only got 1 life. All other assaulters got 1 respawn if the medic could get to the hit player (hit player had to stay where hit), or they were out if they were hit a second time or the medic was out. 4 defenders received no respawns.

After that, we were fooling around and played a pistol/SMG-only game amongst of a group of paintball bunkers/obstacles. Turned out to be 3-on-3 due to pistol availability, but while sounding hokey, it was a LOT of fun. It was just a quick way to end the day, but it was pretty funny to watch and fun to play, so we ended playing a couple more quick ones like that. When at TXPB, we all agreed it would be a fun way to end each day there, since people rarely get to use their pistols/SMGs, and it provides some quick action to end the day. SMGs were limited to semi-auto by the way.

Break out the Mac11s and your pistols! :cool:

Kilo
10-23-2005, 07:52 PM
The pistol matches at the end rocked!!!!!!!!!!

And the best part of the day for me was getting to skirmish with my new WC patch!!!

Dark Paladin
10-23-2005, 08:43 PM
Best part for me was going dualie. . . with EBBs. . . and winning! :)

shakman
10-23-2005, 09:13 PM
Good times today guys...and beautiful weather for it to boot! Sorry I had to cut out early. Looks like I missed some fun BB trading at the end of the day.

Hopefully, I can start making the games at TXPB more often.

IMIRanger
10-23-2005, 09:26 PM
I had a good time killing you guys! You all just wait until I get my gun! I will get double the kills. No, I am just messing with you guys. I only hadd all those kills because my team mates moved and executed together. I can't wait to play again.

masterofpuppets
10-23-2005, 09:39 PM
Too bad I had to miss the pistol round matches due to dropping my G18c mag sometime earlier in the day. Oh, awsome day all in all.

Trench_raider
10-23-2005, 10:10 PM
What can I say? My first skirmish after settling into my new home in Austin went very well despite having some problems with batteries dying in the middle of skirmishes. Ah well....

I whole heartedly agree with Wolv here. The pistol games were a blast. We ought to try to do these more often. They are a nice little change from the slower paced woods games that we usually play and should apeal to the paintball fans amongst us....or anyone else who enjoys the sort of short ranged fast paced game that hobby produces. (myself included)

Next time we ought to take it down to the hyper-ball court or some other larger area and expand it to include machine pistols, shotguns, and other short ranged guns that no one gets to use very often.

"Trench Raider"
Who will bring out his Mac11 and Ruger Mk1 next time....

CALI
10-24-2005, 07:58 AM
Good to have you back Trench. Well, it was fun besides me getting lost during and after the "assault and defend game".

Shak thanks for coming by and hope to see you more often....

LongBow
10-24-2005, 01:19 PM
Sounds like i missed a great game day. I hope to be able to play up north soon. When i change to a new job. Glad you all had a great time.

TooTall
10-24-2005, 04:21 PM
Sunday was a BLAST. In all seriousness, in the short time I've been playing in Austin, this past Sunday was the most fun skirmish day I've played. The scenarios were quick and fun. Everybody was shooting well (and pretty straight). Trench had some severe anti-luck with his guns and batteries. The pistol games at the end were hillarious and awesome fun.

And the best part was playing medic...
"I am the angel of life..." =)

Kilo
10-24-2005, 05:53 PM
Yeah, Too Tall,

You played a great medic, specially when I had you in my sights and you used Trench Raider to block my fire while you healed him. Good tactics, bro!

IMIRanger
10-24-2005, 09:22 PM
I don't think he did a good job. He left me for dead out there! No, I am just kidding he did a good job. It had to be pretty funny hearing me yell, "Medic" every 20 seconds.

TooTall
10-24-2005, 09:25 PM
Thanks! He was the best cover I had at the time =)

TooTall
10-24-2005, 09:29 PM
Ranger, you got Cali to blame for that. He specifically told me over the radio that if I went to heal you he would give me a 'fillipino smackin' after the match. Hell if I was finding out what that was... Probably something gay

=)

IMIRanger
10-24-2005, 09:43 PM
LOL, I am scared of him now. I am even more scared when Dark Paladin has his M203 with him. Cali might get ahold of it....... I don't want to know what a butt plug is. :(

Dark Paladin
10-24-2005, 09:46 PM
LOL, I am scared of him now. I am even more scared when Dark Paladin has his M203 with him. Cali might get ahold of it....... I don't want to know what a butt plug is. :(

You can rest easy as I'm still trying to get used to the M203 shell. I'll let you know when its loaded and dangerous (to myself).

Don't remind Cali about the butt plug. He might actually demonstrate for you. If he does, shoot first, and then claim self defense. :AR15:

IMIRanger
10-24-2005, 09:52 PM
Haha I will remember that, thanks!

masterofpuppets
10-24-2005, 10:04 PM
I don't think he did a good job. He left me for dead out there! No, I am just kidding he did a good job. It had to be pretty funny hearing me yell, "Medic" every 20 seconds.

That was awsome. DP, tootall, trench, and I were all in one group and off in the distance we hear gun shots (real steel) and you screaming "MEDIC".

AustinWolv
10-24-2005, 10:23 PM
Alright, funny stuff, but let's not take it too far on the forums since this is a public domain for all ages. :)