PDA

View Full Version : Command & Conquer: Red Alert

Red McBeth
09-29-2005, 05:53 AM
Command & Conquer Red Alert is a fun computer game where you control a virtual army, completing mission objectives or just blowing away the opposing force.

You can get the full story and whatnot from the download site.

Full RA (http://ra.afraid.org/html/extra/fullra.html)

I'm not exactly sure if you guys are into video games, but this is one of my favorite RTS games ever made.

Also on that site, you can find a bunch of custom maps, and other things that really add to the replay value.

HINT: Multiplayer - Skrimish. Lets one get the basics of the game down.

Also, I'm pretty sure that if you're on the internet, and accessing this site, you can play this game.

Enjoy,

Red.

AustinWolv
09-29-2005, 08:47 AM
Yes, one of the games on my "favorites" list.

Dark Paladin
09-29-2005, 09:59 AM
Definitely a fun game. A classic to deploy massive tank bum rushes. . . and equally classic to edit the game settings file to make the spy become Super-007 (I deployed a full platoon once, and they took out a heavily fortified guarded enemy base within minutes).

Red Alert 2 was also fun IMO. . . the ability to load different types of infantry into an US IFV and turn into a different type of vehicle increased my tactical options quite a bit. . . and there's the enter-building-and-fortify-into-impromptu-fort which is also fun against enemy armor. However, the idea of metallurgical mines and valuable mineral deposits "growing" in the middle of streets in every city. . . that just doesn't sit too well with me. :p

Dragon
09-29-2005, 12:01 PM
I love to do Russian Horde tactics on this series of games. C&C:RA is kind of old too. Try Generals or Zero Hour.

Red McBeth
09-29-2005, 04:43 PM
Oh noes! Old games! We will all die for sure!

Generals is a big steaming bucket of fail. The series should have stopped at RA2, or when EA destroyed Westwood.

Obsidian
09-29-2005, 05:34 PM
I enjoy Generals....much better unit diversity. Its not everyone with the same stuff colored differently.

Dark Paladin
09-29-2005, 05:49 PM
Very true. . . the units actually differ alot in terms of capabilities. . .

Although. . . in RA2:YR. . . I did enjoy launching a slave bum rush. . . was always fun to find out my 50 slaves actually took down 2 or 3 enemy infantry. . .

Mattdawg789
09-29-2005, 09:43 PM
My favorite is definitly Generals.

Kilo
09-30-2005, 01:30 PM
Zero Hour Rocks!!!!

Katana
09-30-2005, 02:41 PM
Yes. Yes it does.