PDA

View Full Version : Hosting a skirmish?

Diabolical
09-19-2005, 07:53 PM
I have acess to 40 dedicated acres of 136 total that could be used for special events. The area is in Dripping Springs and the owners are open to alternative sports and I mentioned to them about airsoft.

Who would I need to talk to about getting skirmishes set up as well as land development for courses. Part of the area will be used for private paintball parties so the land uses is similar.

Feel free to cantact me here or at 512-440-5700. My name is Curtis.

AustinWolv
09-19-2005, 08:09 PM
Welcome to the site.

There is no set person you need to talk to.

Basically, I would advise the following:
1. Set up skirmish dates
2. Note well-beforehand if there are any special property rules or gameplay rules that differ from the TASO rules that we commonly use.
3. Post information on the land (terrain, pictures, etc)
4. Note the currently standing skirmish dates contained on the site Calendar.
5. Review with landowners any legal issues (player waivers, is insurance an issue?)
6. Is the property located away from public view?
7. Are the owners looking to make money off of field fees? What is the price, if so?
8. How often would the skirmishes be held?

Other people here will do a good job filling in the gaps of things I've missed.

Feel free to PM any of the staff if you would like to discuss anything specific.

HammerHead
09-19-2005, 11:45 PM
Please feel free to contact me if you need information or assistance with the calendar. I'll be happy to help you get additional items scheduled if we can be accommodated on this new property.

Thanks.

Diabolical
09-20-2005, 02:34 PM
The land is away from public view and easily accessible by road. Plenty of room for a staging area. I will pm those who asked, I would like to take a few people to this place and give you an idea of what I am talking about. Feel free to call me with any questions.

HammerHead
09-20-2005, 03:51 PM
Diabolical, can you get us directions or a location to the property? Dripping Springs isn't far from Hunter's airsoft. It might be convenient for some of us to meet up with you and the landowner's prior to our skirmish on Sunday 10/02/05...