PDA

View Full Version : which battery for which upgrade??

SnipeDefender
08-19-2003, 12:50 AM
my friend is getting an SR-16 with a 350fps upgrade
so.. willl a 8.4v 2000 mah battery suffice, or should he go for higher mah or a 9.7??

thanks S.D.

Bear
08-19-2003, 01:31 AM
You could use a 9.6v, but depending on what the specific upgrades are, it could wear the gun out faster. I'd stick with an 8.4v, with a miliamperage(someone please correct if spelling is wrong) of over 2000. This should be powerful enough to give you a decent ROF and last you for some extended play.

mcoupe11
08-19-2003, 09:06 AM
Well, since you asked ... Milliampere is a word and so is amperage, but "miliamperage" really isn't, although if it were, it would be spelled with two "L"s.

Furthermore, the way you have used this hypothetical "word" is incorrect; amperage refers to the current on a line, that is, the rate of flow of charge, and presumably "milliamperage" would refer to a similar concept on a different scale. Instead, you have used the "word" to describe the capacity of a battery pack, a quantity actually given in milliampere-hours, or MAH as it is commonly referred to, which is a measure of charge.

As for the original question in this thread, I believe that an 8.4V battery pack will be more than adequate to deal with a 350fps upgrade, since your friend will presumably using a large battery pack in his SR-16. A higher MAH rating is always good; it just means the battery will last longer.

Lastly, Snipedefender ... please make use of the shift key on your keyboard. You will find it very helpful in producing the capital letters so sorely lacking in your post. Taking time to indicate the beginning and end of your sentences with capital letters and punctuation, as required by the rules of the English language, makes it much easier for the rest of us to read and understand what has been posted.

Agrovale
08-19-2003, 09:35 AM
Sami, it's mAh. :p

An 8.4V 2000mAh battery is plenty to run a 350 fps upgrade.

swampdonkey
04-27-2004, 03:10 PM
What about a 400fps upgrade, what battery is best for that?

AustinWolv
04-27-2004, 03:30 PM
8.4v large battery is still sufficient. I've run a majority of my 400fps AEGs with 8.4v, 2000mAh packs, and the battery lasts all day.
A small battery, like 600mAh, pack won't do however, so if you went with a small capacity like that you'd need to go to 9.6v. No reason to use a mini pack (600mAh) anyway though.

Pull up the "Spring Table" that is linked here: http://www.austinairsoft.com/modules.php?name=FAQ&myfaq=yes&id_cat=8#30

In that table are recommended battery voltages for respective spring strengths.