PDA

View Full Version : Advice on AEG's

VelvetElvis
08-18-2003, 10:30 AM
Here's the low-down. I have been given permission by the missus to purchase, as she puts it, a BB gun. I would like some input on the manufacturers and retailers that you long-in-the-toothers trust. I REALLY like the idea of the CA M15A4 but Jay brought up a good point to me today. Do you want to be the first to buy a brand new model? I did that with a certain car manufacturer once and had recall after recall. I don't want to pay good money for an AEG that works only some of the time.

Your inputs.......please.

thejackal69
08-18-2003, 01:52 PM
i wouldn't worry too much about that gun, its gotten tons of great reviews from what i hear. but theres always the risk of CA. If you ask me, i say buy it.

AustinWolv
08-18-2003, 02:11 PM
Hmm, jackal, not too sure that was all that helpful. "Buy it, but it is a CA so...." :rolleyes:

If you want a known commodity, go with a TM AEG. If you want a lot of extra features, with the risk of having problems out of the box, go CA. Other than those, I wouldn't bother.

Other things to consider: Most AEG's out of the box perform the same, with the exception that CA's will shot anywhere from 310 - 350fps. That huge variance is rather curious to me, but it's not my problem.
Point being, go with what you feel comfortable carrying and what appeals to you cosmetically.

VelvetElvis
08-18-2003, 04:37 PM
Thanks for the input fellas. I have decided to go with a proven commodity and buy the Spetz that Barry is selling. Perhaps I will go with the CA for my NEXT weapon. hehehe