PDA

View Full Version : The new line of Classic Army's

08-17-2003, 03:07 AM
If you haven't checked out Classic Army's new Armalite's, you are missing out!
Check it out at Arnie's at:

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/beta/html/nukebrowser.php?filnavn=/reviews/ca_m15/cam15_review.htm

This might be the most important review you read this year.
I am gonna get one as soon as I can!

This new aeg will run circles around any TM model, and for only 100 more bucks (well spent), you can see the value.

Tokyo Marui SR-16
TM ABS Body and Hopup
TM Stock gearbox parts
TM EG1000 Motor
TM RIS & foregrip
TM Flip up sight
TM standard mag
fps 280

versus

CA M15A4 SPC
CA Metal Body, Hopup ....and Carrying Handle
CA 7mm bearing Reinforced Gearbox,
Bore up Cylinder, Reinforced Tappet,
Reinforced Spring guide, CA Reinforced (systema flat) gears,
CA Reinforced piston and head.
CA EG1000 Motor
CA Aluminum RIS & foregrip
Flip up sight not included.
CA 300 round hicap
fps 280, but ready out of box for an M120+

You would spend literally hundreds of dollars upgrading a Tokyo Marui to this status, and the reviews have been spectacular.

As you can see, Classic Army has been busy trying to earn our respect, I think they have succeeded

Obsidian
08-17-2003, 06:26 PM
I think your figures are a bit off on the CA. They shoot between 310fps and 350 generally according to that review.

bobbythebee
08-18-2003, 12:29 AM
Either way, I still would not call Classic Army's AEGs' quality equal to Tokyo Marui's. Their quality ranges from superb (where Tokyo Marui stands) to utter crap. Sure, you get a cool metal body and a hi-cap standard, but what good are they when the gun doesn't work worth a crap? (Aside from using them with another gun, probably a Tokyo Marui one)

Obsidian
08-18-2003, 01:09 AM
I dont think you can compare the old versions to the new ones that they are building for Armalite either.

AustinWolv
08-18-2003, 04:23 AM
What are all those slurping sounds I hear?

Obsidian
08-18-2003, 09:39 AM
probably the guy next to you eating a bowl of soup with chopsticks.....

AustinWolv
08-18-2003, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by Obsidian
probably the guy next to you eating a bowl of soup with chopsticks.....

Excellent, you win Post-Of-The-Day Award! :D

08-18-2003, 06:26 PM
Truly, the old classic army M4 series is very iffy.
That is common knowledge.
These are new guns that are completely redone with awesome internal and external changes.
To call the new classic army line an upgrade from its previous AEG's is kind of like calling humans an upgrade of monkeys.
They were chosen by armalite to make realistic, well built training weapons, with enough R&D to completely re do the whole shebang.

Mouse
08-18-2003, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by Avatar
shebang

Not only do you make me feel stupid for owning a TM SR 16, but you add a new word to my vocabulary. :rolleyes:

Kyle
08-18-2003, 09:38 PM
You've never heard Shebang?:rolleyes:

Bear
08-18-2003, 11:25 PM
I know shebang.:rolleyes:

08-19-2003, 11:57 AM
Don't feel bad Mouse,
I was prepared to buy the TM SR16 until I found out about this.

AustinWolv
08-21-2003, 06:50 AM
enough R&D to completely re do the whole shebang

That is the funniest thing I've read in quite some time.

If I didn't know better, I'd say Avatar is trying to pimp CA for someone.

08-29-2003, 08:36 PM
No pimp'in goin on here.
Just glad to see the aeg bar moved up a notch or two.
By the way, I ordered one a couple of days ago.
I bought it from Ravens Airsoft, with an M120 spring in it.
Anyone is welcome to check it out at TxPb in a couple of weeks.

E6D
09-04-2003, 09:38 PM
I've been toting one for a couple of months now and though my TM M4 with all it's upgrades and other goodies has served me well and faithfully for two years with one major overhaul, I have been 100% inclined to take the M15 TAC carbine every time I go out. The rate of fire is awesome, it's accurate and the solid steady feel in the hands of the shooter are unparalelled, except for my Thompson. If you buy one of these you will not be dissappointed. I did strip my piston rather quickly so I installed one from Systema. I purchased this AEG because I wanted it. Besides, the M4 had so much crap on it that it looked like something out of a shadow ops manual and this offered me the option of carrying something more regular issue. I added a SWAN rail on the receiver and a replica Aimpoint.