PDA

View Full Version : TOP M4 Drum Mag

Kilo
08-01-2005, 10:01 AM
Anyone have experience or know someone with experience on the TOP M4 Drum 1000 round mag? Not the C-mag...

Kilo

AustinWolv
08-01-2005, 10:15 AM
Kilo, in regards to the M4 drum, I don't have direct experience with it. However, I have had the TOP AK drum. It was not dependable. Fed superb at times, but it tended to jam up very easily. Another local player had a worse time with his TOP AK drum than I did, ditching it after one skirmish. However, I think Dragon has had reliable use out of the TOP MP5 drums.

Besides, what honorable ex-Marine wants to put a drum on a M4? ;)

Kilo
08-01-2005, 11:40 AM
Hahahaha! So true, so true...if there was such a thing as an ex-Marine!

Dragon
08-01-2005, 12:34 PM
True, the (4) TOP MP5 Drums I had never had a problem. Other than they were noisy when partly used. Like carrying 4 rather large really noisy baby rattles.

If I was running an AR variant I'd rather use the Beta-C mags. Just think they look better.

Bear
08-01-2005, 04:04 PM
I used to have the TOP M16/M4 drum and there were always some feeding issues. The feeding tube going from the drum to the magwell often gets misaligned, however, a long piece of plastic or wood (like a chopstick) can be stuck down the feeding tube to pop the tube back into place. Then it can probably be secured with locktite or something else if it ever starts to move again. After this mod mine worked fine, but I just didn't like the looks so I sold it.