PDA

View Full Version : TM VSR Comparison

Young_The_Younger
07-13-2005, 11:22 AM
I'm looking at all three of the tm VSR models, the Pro Sniper, the regular, and the G-Spec. Which one do you guys think would be best for me? I am currently using a modified and upgraded Super 9 Pro. (Mine is not as crappy as you think it is.)
I also have a homemade burlap half ghille suit that I am soon going to replace with a Bushrag suit. I am the SAINTS team sniper (from UWG) and I wish to make myself more useful with a better firearm and fieldcraft.

AustinWolv
07-13-2005, 11:25 AM
G-spec. There are some decent topics here on the site about it. Not that we can tell you exactly what is best for you. ;)

Young_The_Younger
07-13-2005, 12:56 PM
I've looked at all of those topics and I came to that conclusion for myself, I just wanted opinions from as many people as possible, up-to-date opinions.

AustinWolv
07-13-2005, 01:14 PM
Let me add this: I've only started used bolt-action rifles in recent months, in a role more like a DMR than a true scout/sniper team. With that in mind, the ability to throw quick follow-up shots out there is advantageous, in order to correct for sudden gusts of wind, that single blade of grass you didn't see halfway there, etc. Thus, have you considered a semi-auto AEG? (Note that I understand the attraction and appreciation of a single-shot bolt action and have had a lot of fun using them recently).

Young_The_Younger
07-13-2005, 02:34 PM
Yes I have, apparently you do not remember the discussion about the G3 platform a couple of weeks ago. I have also considered Sun Project rifles, the PSG-1, etc.

AustinWolv
07-13-2005, 03:18 PM
Not really, sorry. :o

I go through a lot of threads on a lot of forums, so I tend to forget specifics of people's setups.

Young_The_Younger
07-13-2005, 04:40 PM
True, I have the same problem sometimes...