PDA

View Full Version : 7/10/05 - Hunter's

Ralph Wiggum
07-11-2005, 10:41 AM
I just wanted to thank everyone that came out on Sunday. We played some fun skirmishes throughout the day and it seemed like everyone had a good time. Thanks for picking up the garbage that was around the picnic table. Cali provided the garbage bag and at the end of the day that bag was about half full. Also, thanks to everyone that helped clean up the area around the shack.

On a side note:

- The front gate was unlocked when I arrived (I was the first person at the field)
- Garbage was strewn all over the area around the picnic cable

I have a feeling that the garbage was from the "Movie in the Meadows" crowd, but I'm not 100% sure about that. We just need to make sure we clean up the area before we leave.

Anyhow, I think good times were had by all.

Agrovale
07-11-2005, 10:48 AM
We did a pretty thorough clean up after the Independence Day picnic, though it was pitch black when we did it. I wouldn't be surprised if we missed some stuff.

squeegeeboy
07-11-2005, 11:24 AM
Definatley good skirmishes yesterday, we got started at a pretty good time and got a surprising number of games in until everyone decided to pack up. Ralph, as always good job on organizing the skirms and more or less spearheading the effort to get games underway.

kestrel
07-11-2005, 12:53 PM
Ah, I agree, the games yesterday were great.
Thanks Ralph, and everyone else that attended.

Kilo
07-11-2005, 01:16 PM
Ditto to all...

I felt the skirms were great due to the short, sharp nature of them. Seems like the fewer players there are, the faster the gameplay and more aggressive everyone is....Wonder if we can reproduce this with more numbers.

Kilo

Dark Paladin
07-11-2005, 01:49 PM
Good games yesterday. Had a great time. Being out in BDUs and having a radio definitely added to the atmosphere.

I think the fact that we set time limits on skirmishes helped out more than the number of people. It added a sense of urgency on needing to complete mission objectives, rather than allowing for the luxury of playing the waiting game.

Now I just have to figure out how to prevent my gun from shooting high. It sucks having the gun not shooting where you're pointing. . .

CALI
07-11-2005, 04:47 PM
Good games yesterday. Had a great time. Being out in BDUs and having a radio definitely added to the atmosphere.

I think the fact that we set time limits on skirmishes helped out more than the number of people. It added a sense of urgency on needing to complete mission objectives, rather than allowing for the luxury of playing the waiting game.

Now I just have to figure out how to prevent my gun from shooting high. It sucks having the gun not shooting where you're pointing. . .

"Shoot Low" :haha: (jk)
Hope you fix it and hope to see you more often.

Dark Paladin
07-11-2005, 05:30 PM
"Shoot Low" :haha: (jk)
Hope you fix it and hope to see you more often.

As long as I'm not shooting blanks, right? ;)

Phaedrus
07-12-2005, 09:50 AM
Hey all,

Chris (Raplh Wiggum),

I similarly had a fun day and appreciate your proactively leading the skirmishes, engaging with everyone socially, and ensuring that our community respect and responsibly take care of the Hunters' property (and hence our relationship with them).

And to everyone out,

Great attitude toward putting the shack back as we found it! With everyone's proactive help it only took a few minutes.

Cheers,