PDA

View Full Version : Tactical Clothing

boombaby
06-16-2005, 10:06 AM
I am thinking about purchasing a set of BDUs and was wondering whether most of you buy them at local places like Banana Bay or off the internet, and if from the internet do you have any preferences or is any place good?

-Thanks for all the help

BigLucky
06-16-2005, 10:29 AM
Banana Bay is good, if they have your size....

I personally buy a lot of my uniform type gear from this site www.qmuniforms.com.

www.bdu.com is also a good site.

boombaby
06-16-2005, 10:34 AM
Ill look into those two. I am going to be in the vicinity of Banana Bay today so I might drop in and check the sizes. Part of the problem is that I have a vest that has a woodland pattern camo but uses different tan and light green colors. This "version" of the camo does not go with my current BDUs. I was thinking it might work better with a digital type.

shakman
06-16-2005, 01:55 PM
If you ever get "up North", there's a great Army surplus store in Killeen that you can pick up BDU's DIRT cheap. I picked up a complete green woodland set they called used (I couldn't see any evidence of wear) for around $20. I haven't seen the new digital BDU's there, but I haven't really looked either.

I think it's called Surplus City, but don't quote me on that...

Mattdawg789
06-16-2005, 03:26 PM
They have the digital camo at Banana bay. For a jacket and pants it will be $70 plus tax.

boombaby
06-16-2005, 05:08 PM
Well I just picked up a check for 170 bucks (soccer reffing) and deposited 100. Im heading down to BB right now.

boombaby
06-17-2005, 09:26 AM
Aye, just my luck it ends up Banana Bay only stocks digital camo pants so now im stuck with those pants a tan shirt and my rig. Im still looking for a top.

Mattdawg789
06-17-2005, 09:52 AM
Hmm. They must have been out of stock. I almost bought digital camo there about a month ago and they had the jackets(ended up doing standard woodland camo). I would suggest just buying the jacket off the internet. It should be the same size as your pants.

Marimba
06-17-2005, 09:52 AM
I have the same problem.

boombaby
06-17-2005, 10:22 AM
Yeah. I found a amazon gift card lying around and claimed it for myself. I just ordered a jacket for 25 bucks from amazon, but if I make it out to TXPB this weekend I will look like an idiot wearing nothing that matches.

Dark Paladin
06-17-2005, 11:37 AM
Look at it this way. . . you'd be confusing the heck of both teams by wearing different colors. Granted. . . you'll be rewarded by being under friendly fire. . . but its a price worth paying, right? :)

Of incidental note, I'm about to order my set of (rip stop!) BDUs from Amazon/Brigade Quartermasters too. Hopefully I'll be wearing something other than black next time I come out to play.

boombaby
06-17-2005, 12:29 PM
Haha, yeah we always knew it was you. You had the whole SWAT thing goin on, only problem was we were in trees.

boombaby
06-20-2005, 07:15 PM
Well I just got in the jacket that goes with my woodland MARPAT BDU and I have to say that I am very pleased. The material is extremly tough and there are tons of large pockets to put whatever you please in. One problem I had previously encountered was that buttons would crack, but with the MARPAT they have a sort of cover made out of the same material that hides the buttons.

I purchased my pants and boonie hat from Banana Bay, and the jacket off of "4 Star Military Surplus" in partnership with Amazon.com.

Dark Paladin
06-21-2005, 12:53 PM
My Hellstorm elbow and knee pads just came in! No more ripped BDUs! :)

boombaby
06-21-2005, 10:45 PM
I need to make a point in investing in some type of elbow/knee pads. A bi-pod is usless if it hurts like hell to go prone.

squeegeeboy
06-21-2005, 10:54 PM
I never got elbow pads but my knee pads have already paid for themselves as far as im concerned. They aren't the most comfy things ever but I'll take that slight discomfort over bruised/cut knees anyday.

Akidio
06-21-2005, 10:59 PM
They aren't the most comfy things ever but I'll take that slight discomfort over bruised/cut knees anyday.

Lol True look at it this way bloody knees or kinda cramped knees hmmm hard choice

Dark Paladin
06-24-2005, 01:16 PM
My BDUs and HeatGear came in! Now all I need are boots. . .

boombaby
06-24-2005, 03:57 PM
Haha. I wear my tennis shoes and get too many thorns in. I found the cheaper way to go instead of boots would be hiking shoes. Tough, reliable, and somewhat comfortable.

Dark Paladin
06-24-2005, 04:22 PM
I wore my motorcycle boots the last time I was out, and it wasn't too bad. Unfortunately said pair of boots is very old. . . and have virtually no traction left (the soles are completely worn smooth). . .

Bear
07-02-2005, 12:32 AM
I get most of my BDU's from High Desert. They have great prices and sometimes have specials that cut down on shipping costs.

www.hdesert.com