PDA

View Full Version : Event Attendance Link

Dark Paladin
05-23-2005, 05:02 PM
I got the following message when attempting to sign up for an event:

Invalid Event specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the webmaster

HammerHead
05-23-2005, 05:03 PM
Which event did you attempt to sign up for? I need to go check it out...

Dark Paladin
05-23-2005, 05:07 PM
I was going to sign up for the Sat Skirm for 5/22 (the one that's posted in the forums), and that's what I got. I tried the 5/29 link (again, with what was posted in the forums), and got the same thing.

Incidentally, if I try to open the "Event List" link, I get a blank page. Don't know if its related, but not knowing what's going on kinda dampens things. . .

Agrovale
05-23-2005, 07:59 PM
I got the same message on Saturday trying to sign up for Sundays game.

AustinWolv
05-23-2005, 08:48 PM
And also the same message for the 5/29 skirmish at Hunter's.....

Agrovale
05-23-2005, 10:34 PM
However, if I go to the calendar, and click on the game... the roll call feature works properly.

Agrovale
05-23-2005, 10:37 PM
Obs may know why...

The thread gives this link to go to (which doesn't work):

http://www.lonestarairsoft.com/forums/calendar.php?do=getinfo&e=140&day=2005-5-5&c=1

But the calendar gives this one (which does work):

http://www.lonestarairsoft.com/forums/calendar.php?do=getinfo&e=2&day=2005-5-29&c=1

I am assuming the e=xxx is the event ID, but I don't know why the forums would point to one, while the calendar points to another. Or it could be that there's no such thing as May 58th.... :eek:

AustinWolv
05-23-2005, 11:02 PM
However, if I go to the calendar, and click on the game... the roll call feature works properly.
Hmmm, perhaps because it is late, I'm not seeing the roll call option when using the Explode theme.

Dark Paladin
05-23-2005, 11:07 PM
Hmmm, perhaps because it is late, I'm not seeing the roll call option when using the Explode theme.

Good point, I'm not seeing the Roll Call option either when I'm viewing the Calendar. I'm using the Twilight Theme if that helps any.

HammerHead
05-24-2005, 08:57 AM
The roll call feature was only available for me to activate on the calendar when I was using the default theme. There may be a relation in the other themes, as far as being able to use it note that you're attending a game.

As for the events page... I think they're unrelated. Got a feeling we're going to have to see what Obs wants to do with all this.

Agrovale
05-24-2005, 09:04 AM
HH - are you generating the threads? or is the calendar making them automatically?

HammerHead
05-24-2005, 09:49 AM
Calendar is creating them automatically, still.

Agrovale
05-24-2005, 10:09 AM
I just created an event on the calendar, and it did not create a thread.... how are you doing it? There should be no way it can autogenerate a forum thread for a calendar event anymore...

Obsidian
05-24-2005, 10:12 AM
Alot of this stuff will only work on the main theme....I would fix it but some of our security upgrades have killed our template system so untill I get that running I cant bring up the other themes to full functionality.

HammerHead
05-24-2005, 10:24 AM
I just created an event on the calendar, and it did not create a thread.... how are you doing it? There should be no way it can autogenerate a forum thread for a calendar event anymore...

Just using the "create new event" or whatever on the calendar *shrug*. I used the "recurring event" setting, set the time for 1200-1800. Nothing special.

I *thought* the thread creation was supposed to go away... but... *shrug*?

Obsidian
05-24-2005, 11:21 AM
Thread creation should have gone away. I will go look at it when I get the chance. I did not reinstall it so I dont know how it would be working. In anycase we should direct people to the calendar since they can post directly to it now. That was to take the place of this thead to forum thingy.