PDA

View Full Version : CyberGun BBís

Ralph Wiggum
05-11-2005, 10:13 AM
This is a waning to all of you using Armalite replicas. Specifically those of you using CA M15A4ís.

I had been using .25 CyberGun bbís in my TM AK-47 for almost a year. They are readily available and not very expensive (~$10 at the local Academy). I never once had a problem with them. No jamming or double feeding issues at all. I used the original hop-up bucking for about 6 months and then I replaced it with a Guarder hop-up bucking for the remainder of the time I owned it. Once again, I never had a problem.

I havenít been so lucky with my M15. I have used a Guarder and System hop-up bucking and they have both been torn where the little rubber piece presses down on the bucking for more hop-up. By torn I mean that a small piece of the rubber was physically torn away. This causes some serious double feeding issues during semi-auto fire. I used 100% Prestone silicon spray for lube, so Iím pretty sure that wasnít the issue. It is possible that I just bought a bad batch of BBís, but Iím not taking anymore chances.

I just wanted to give you guys using Armaliteís a heads up to save you a few dollars in hop-up buckings.

AustinWolv
05-11-2005, 10:56 AM
Better yet, buy good BBs, such as AE. ;)

Marimba
05-11-2005, 10:58 AM
Hmm... I have used the Cybergun .25 bbs with the green lids for about 1-1/2 years in my CA M15a4 with a Prometheus 6.03 tightbore barrel with no bb caused issues. I think that all of my hop related issues stem directly from the pretty crappy CA metal hop body, CA bucking and small rubber "nubbin."

I experienced a lot of the same problems but to me the metal hop body seems to be poorly cast, and the rubber portions seem to be too hard. I had replaced the CA bucking with a clear Guarder bucking. I thought at the time that that had solved all of my problems. I recently replaced the CA metal hop with a Systema metal hop using the same clear Guarder bucking. I now have much greater range and much more precise control over my hop-up.

I do agree that the cybergun .20s are a pretty low quality product, as are the older .25s that come with the red screw-on top.

I still use the .25s with the green top.

CALI
05-11-2005, 01:51 PM
Well I have a similar issue with Ralph...It happened to me twice with my LR300. I actually used two different brand of buckings (Systema and Guarder) which both crack after using Cybergun .25 bbs. So I replaced all my buckings with the stock marui ones and never had a problem. Good post but it could be the buckings (aftermarket) that are failing as well. As Wolv said when in doubt get better bbs.

Ralph, have you tried this batch of bbs with your AK?

CALI

Ralph Wiggum
05-11-2005, 02:02 PM
Ralph, have you tried this batch of bbs with your AK?
CALI
CALI, I sold my AK before I bought the current batch of CyberGun bb's. I'll just stick with AE or Excel bb's from now on. I've never had a problem with those brands.

CALI
05-11-2005, 03:33 PM
CALI, I sold my AK before I bought the current batch of CyberGun bb's. I'll just stick with AE or Excel bb's from now on. I've never had a problem with those brands.

ahhhhh....I was hoping that you tested it with your AK. But that's ok.Hope you enjoy your M15 :cheers:

CALI

spartan9873
05-11-2005, 06:16 PM
Yay, I love getting info of this kind of stuff before I get a gun... I'm getting an M14A4 SPC sometime in July. I use UHC, will that hurt my M15? At the moment, nothing has happened with my MP5J. But there is the fact that i don't internally upgrade like, at all.

AustinWolv
05-11-2005, 06:54 PM
BB quality is not as imperative with stock guns, especially ones that have stock barrels.

For general reference:
http://www.lonestarairsoft.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5044&highlight=cybergun
http://www.lonestarairsoft.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6070&highlight=cybergun
http://www.lonestarairsoft.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6631

spartan9873
05-11-2005, 07:14 PM
Heh, mine are COMPLETELY stock... i really dont skirmish at all.

awsomo
05-11-2005, 08:45 PM
Yeah my M4 is almost completly stock (other than that it has a M120 sring and metal bushings) and I have used Cybergun bbs almost exclusively with no problems. But I am going to be getting a Prometheus tight bore barrel and then I will probably start using better bbs.

boombaby
05-15-2005, 08:34 AM
I had some problems with the .25s with the red top, but never with the ones with the green top.