PDA

View Full Version : [05-28-05] Skirmish: Hunter's Airsoft

HammerHead
05-05-2005, 09:10 AM
Lonestar Airsoft automatically generated this thread for the following event:
Skirmish: Hunter's Airsoft.

If you plan on attending the event click HERE (http://www.lonestarairsoft.com/forums/calendar.php?do=getinfo&e=140&day=2005-5-5&c=1).
This page contains a list of those attending. Please post if you have any special requests.

squeegeeboy
05-23-2005, 04:48 PM
I'll be there for sure. Also, I imagine this is actually on the 29th (sunday).

AustinWolv
05-23-2005, 08:45 PM
Yes, thread title is wrong. :(

Sundays are the norm for regular skirmishes.

HammerHead
05-24-2005, 09:00 AM
It's gotta be an issue similar to using the "all day event" option, when using "recurring event". Even though I set the times for 1200-1800.

Obs, any suggestions?

boombaby
05-24-2005, 07:42 PM
Should be there. Hope to stay away from the chiggars this time!

Dark Paladin
05-24-2005, 09:01 PM
So I did a quick search and didn't see this mentioned. . . but what happens to rain outs? The weather for this weekend doesn't look all that friendly for outdoor events. . .

I would come out this weekend, but I get to have the pleasure of moving to a new home (still in Austin, but further away from TXPB). . . and next weekend isn't looking good either. . .

AustinWolv
05-24-2005, 09:09 PM
General rule of thumb: We skirmish in the rain.

That being said, generally a lower turnout of players is to be expected during rainy weather. About the only time it is straight cancelled is an all-out downpour/thunderstorm.

More often than not, when the weather has looked poor, it has turned out to clear up or still be good skirmishing.

Unfortunately, that is as "official" as it gets.

Katana
05-24-2005, 09:19 PM
Yup. We've skirmished in some downpours. It made boonie hats pretty much a must-have, and fogging was real bear to deal with. You also had to wipe down your metal equipment once you got home, else things start to rust. The aeg's stand up to it pretty darn well however. Also, with the rain coming down, the wet leaves and debris is quiet to walk on, and you can hear over the rain coming down anyhow.

It's a nice change of pace, but you won't find many willing to put up with those conditions. If you're local, it's cool to swing by and see what's happening, but I wouldn't drive any real distance on the off chance of skirmishing unless I were real hard up to hurl some plastic death, and I dealt with disappointment well.

B.C.D.
05-25-2005, 07:53 AM
I'll be there. Might bring three others as well.

Forge
05-25-2005, 09:55 AM
Rain= Good Training.

Monkey and I should be there.

Peyton
05-25-2005, 06:27 PM
I'll be there.
Did any adults have chigger problems- Gabe, Cole, and I had problems with them, and apparently other kids did too. If not, do yall have something you do, or are we randomly selected?

HammerHead
05-25-2005, 07:16 PM
Chiggers are always a serious problem this time of year. Blousing your boots/trousers is a good way to reduce the impact to your lower legs. Spray your boots, lower legs, arms and waist with repellent and do your best not to linger in tall grass.

AustinWolv
05-25-2005, 07:43 PM
Chiggers only like children. They have softer skin to penetrate.

;)

Follow what Hammerhead detailed. Basically, spray repellent anywhere that there is a seam/path through your clothing, like the waistline for example.

If you are going to an area that is thickly infested, treat your clothes with permethrin, but be sure to follow the directions carefully:
http://www.permethrin-repellent.com/

Majority of the time, just spraying with regular repellent is sufficient.

Peyton
05-26-2005, 01:26 PM
Thanks Wolv, HH- I'll make a point of putting on repellent.

Bear
05-28-2005, 10:47 PM
I'll be there.

Sruikyl
05-28-2005, 11:01 PM
I might be there..but As i stated in another thread I wont unless someone has an extra can of green gas I can buy.

PointBlank
05-29-2005, 09:53 AM
Im there :)

squeegeeboy
05-29-2005, 06:36 PM
Good skirmishing today, although I think I heard the opfor yell 'he's out of range!' about 3 times when I was trying to lay it on em. But, that's a big motivating factor for me to upgrade my gun so hopefully I'll have that licked in about 2 weeks or less hopefully. Anyway, had a blast today, see ya'll next weekend probably.

AustinWolv
05-29-2005, 06:40 PM
squeegee, pleasure to meet you.

Good weather out today. The greenery at Hunter's sure adds a nice element of fun.

squeegeeboy
05-29-2005, 09:21 PM
Yeah so far, I think I like the layout at Hunter's better but that's based on the one round of playing I played last weekend at TXPB, so I'm looking forward to playing txpb more and getting more familiar with the layout. Hell I got semi lost just getting back to the cars, heh. Ok well I'm sufficiently beat, airsoft has shown me how out of shape I am, and I think someone is going to be a bit of a grumpy/sore internet technician tomorrow at work (yes I have to work friggin memorial day).

Ralph Wiggum
05-30-2005, 09:57 AM
squeegee, pleasure to meet you.

Good weather out today. The greenery at Hunter's sure adds a nice element of fun.

Great skirms out there on Sunday. It did get pretty warm towards the end of the day, but overall I had an awesome time. See you guys next week.

RevSM
05-31-2005, 10:03 AM
I had fun.. but still itch like hell from the ant attack I had.

Marimba
05-31-2005, 10:42 AM
I had a good time playing with everybody, even though I had to leave a little early. I really enjoy the more relaxed attitude that seems to be out there lately.
I am however really starting to dislike chiggers. I applied repellant everywhere, except for a 4 inch square above my ankle which about 100 of the little devils found.

See you all again next week.

AustinWolv
05-31-2005, 10:45 AM
Yeah, I think a couple chiggers got through to me as well. More DEET for everyone! :D

By the way, ants really get riled up when you shoot up their mound. ;) Anybody else thinking lighter fluid and matches.....errrr, I mean Amdro?

CALI
05-31-2005, 04:19 PM
Man...ants I can tolerate but this chigger thing...Its terrible, I've been scratching/itching all day and its getting worst...It looks like I have Chikenpox.

boombaby
05-31-2005, 06:31 PM
Yeah, the last time I was out I got bit like hell. Apparently the best thing to do is to put a little bit of clear nail polish over the bites, it stops the itching almost immedietly.

ALVARENGA
06-01-2005, 10:38 AM
Man...ants I can tolerate but this chigger thing...Its terrible, I've been scratching/itching all day and its getting worst...It looks like I have Chikenpox.

I always wondered why I get those red itchy bumps around my shoulders and legs after an Austin skirmish. I knew I didn't get hit THAT many times in the same area. Good game tough.