PDA

View Full Version : [05-21-05] Skirmish: Texas Paintball

HammerHead
05-05-2005, 09:08 AM
Lonestar Airsoft automatically generated this thread for the following event:
Skirmish: Texas Paintball.

If you plan on attending the event click HERE (http://www.lonestarairsoft.com/forums/calendar.php?do=getinfo&e=139&day=2005-5-5&c=1).
This page contains a list of those attending. Please post if you have any special requests.

squeegeeboy
05-17-2005, 09:45 PM
I should be there, it'll be my first time out, but I've finally got all my gear, well 2 things outta be coming in the mail in less than an hour, once I get that I'm good to go, looking forward to FINALLY getting to start playing.

*edit*: Everything got here almost all at once today, it was like Christmas. Count me in.

FoxEyesAirsoft
05-18-2005, 02:27 PM
Is Texas paintball any fun because I am debating on playing? Hunters last weekend was really fun but I donít know if TXPB Will were as fun. Anyone thatís been there can you give me a review?

squeegeeboy
05-18-2005, 03:33 PM
For what it's worth I've been a lurker for awhile and haven't actually gone to play yet but I've read some after action reports from both Hunter's and TXPB and both seem to be a great place to play, I can't imagine they'd keep going back to TXPB if it wasn't any fun. I gather that it's not any better or worse, just different.

AustinWolv
05-18-2005, 03:52 PM
Is Texas paintball any fun because I am debating on playing? No, we all skirmish there because we enjoy flaming skewers being thrust through our calves while having to listen to Cake.

We skirmish there because it is property available to us, of which there is a distinct lack of otherwise, and it, while not as large as Hunter's, has its' own features as squeegeeboy said.

The only way is to find out for yourself, since "fun" is relative to the individual. That, and we don't have to read that ridiculous question again.

Dark Paladin
05-18-2005, 04:29 PM
No, we all skirmish there because we enjoy flaming skewers being thrust through our calves while having to listen to Cake.

ROFL. . . great. . . another piece of equipment I'll have to procure before I stop lurking and come out to play. . .

There'll be medics on hand, right? Or do I have to bring my own? I know I'll be limping pretty hard with that skewer sticking out like that. . . :p

AustinWolv
05-18-2005, 04:39 PM
The heat cauterizes the wound, so don't worry. Just hop in a mound of fireants to enhance the pleasure. :)

squeegeeboy
05-18-2005, 04:45 PM
Don't forget some freshly cut limes dipped in salt water to smear all over it.

Dark Paladin
05-18-2005, 04:57 PM
I thought chili powder works too?

HammerHead
05-18-2005, 05:28 PM
Ok, ok, funny stuff... but... let's keep it on track, please. :)

FoxEyesAirsoft
05-19-2005, 05:34 PM
Can I bring a digital camera to record my friends etc at the skirmish. Were trying to make some film for our new team. "Damage" airsoft team?

AustinWolv
05-19-2005, 05:39 PM
Can I bring a digital camera to record my friends etc at the war. Were trying to make some film for our new team. "Damage" airsoft team?
Feel free.

HammerHead
05-19-2005, 05:42 PM
Many of us frequently bring digital imaging devices to our skirmishes. However, you should be aware that some members of the community would prefer to retain control of how their likeness is distributed on that media. Before you release any content, you should ask the individuals in it for permission to do so.

Finally, please refer to the weekly events as 'skirmishes', not 'wars'. Doing so may create a negative connotation.

Kilo
05-21-2005, 09:04 AM
Hey all,

I don't know if I'm the only one confused or what, but the skirm is scheduled for the 21st? That is today, Saturday.

So is it on for Sat. or Sun?

Thanks,
Kilo

AustinWolv
05-21-2005, 09:09 AM
Calendar was screwy. It is Sunday. Calendar reflects that now, but thread title needs to be edited.

Kilo
05-21-2005, 09:11 AM
Thanks Wolv!!

boombaby
05-21-2005, 09:40 AM
Dont think I can make it out. I do hope to see all of yall at Hunters the following sunday though. Just out of question, is the attendence usually lower right at the end of school or higher?

squeegeeboy
05-21-2005, 12:13 PM
Doh. Wish I'd known the calendar was being screwy before I went all the way to Jonestown from San Marcos...*sigh*, oh well looking forward to tomorrow. But...from what I saw the new txpb location looks pretty cool. Ok, then see ya'll tomorrow.

squeegeeboy
05-21-2005, 01:14 PM
And on a sidenote, my sisters boyfriend is probably going to be coming with me, I just wanted to see if any of the people with loaner guns/bbs were gonna be attending. If we have to I don't mind trading off with him and walking around shooting pictures, but if he could possibly rent a gun that'd be all the better.

SPLAT
05-21-2005, 09:57 PM
I think Ghost and I are going to attend with our new TM SR-16s :D. Ghost also wants to know if anyone is bringing BBs also. So....are any Whiskey or FOG making it out this time?

AustinWolv
05-21-2005, 10:10 PM
I just wanted to see if any of the people with loaner guns/bbs were gonna be attending. Can't answer that specifically, other than to say that it is advisable to contact people who have loaners prior to the skirmish day. That way, they can confirm if the gun is available, working, and they will know to bring it out.

are any Whiskey or FOG making it out this time? Yes for some WC, but not sure about FOG.

squeegeeboy
05-22-2005, 05:27 PM
Had a good time today, didn't get to personally meet everyone, but I will say the people I did meet (Cali, and a few others) were nice and very helpful. Also, thanks for the generosity in loaning my friend a gun and some mags to skirmish with, everyone was really helpful and eager to loan him a gun so he could play. Unfortunatley we had to leave early and only got one round of playing in, but it was definatley a good time and I'll see you guys next week at Hunter's I'm sure. Thanks again.

kestrel
05-22-2005, 09:29 PM
A good day, but really hot. At one point my gun had been in sunlight for long enough that the RAS was too hot to touch. I also had a bad run-in with some form of plant that my skin reacted with instantaneously upon contact. Fun all the same.

Dragon
05-22-2005, 09:44 PM
A good day, but really hot. At one point my gun had been in sunlight for long enough that the RAS was too hot to touch. I also had a bad run-in with some form of plant that my skin reacted with instantaneously upon contact. Fun all the same.

Sounds like you could have found a couple of things...
Bull Nettle - http://www.vet.purdue.edu/depts/addl/toxic/plant31.htm

Poison Ivy, Oak - http://poisonivy.aesir.com/

kestrel
05-22-2005, 09:48 PM
Ah, thanks.
It was stinging nettle I belive. It felt like my arm was on fire for about half an hour and then it just went away. I'll be sure to wear full BDU tops out to Txpb from now on...

CALI
05-23-2005, 08:36 AM
Had a good time today, didn't get to personally meet everyone, but I will say the people I did meet (Cali, and a few others) were nice and very helpful. Also, thanks for the generosity in loaning my friend a gun and some mags to skirmish with, everyone was really helpful and eager to loan him a gun so he could play. Unfortunatley we had to leave early and only got one round of playing in, but it was definatley a good time and I'll see you guys next week at Hunter's I'm sure. Thanks again.

You are very much welcome...That's good that you guys enjoyed airsoft and thanks for coming down here (twice Sat. & Sun.) from San Marcos. We hope to see you guys more often. :cheers:

Agrovale
05-23-2005, 08:42 AM
Yep. I got into some nettles too. Poison Ivy/Oak isn't instant pain like this stuff was.

squeegeeboy
05-23-2005, 09:58 AM
I got shot in the forehead...but something tells me stinging nettles are worse.

MeanGreen7
05-23-2005, 10:56 AM
Yesterday was totally awesome. My brother and I had the greatest time playing with you guys. We have been plaining it or talking that we wanted to get into do it for about 2 years now. Yesterday was actually a little more fun and exciting than I originally thought it would be and my battery even went dead and had to use my side arm atthe very last part. Thanks guys for making us feel welcome. :D

ODG Mercs. guys were very helpful in giving us about an hour full of info. to clue us in the game styles and mechanics of the game over all. Learned and recieved a lot of good information on our guns and other guns. Chris, Travis, Andrew, and Orion......Thanks for the info. guys.

It was great doing the different manuevers and just watching and listening with Whiskey Co. on how they operate and work together......got a good taste of that.

I think now I have a new healthy addiction....I ment hobby......All the same.

Again it was a blast to play and learn from you all and we definetly plan to be there at Hunters next week at around 3-3:30 maybe even a little earlier.