PDA

View Full Version : Please Read And Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PITT
05-03-2005, 08:36 PM
http://ehowa.com/home.shtml

http://www.tricountyanimalrescue.net/coinsforcritters.aspx

Click the link and read down about Gypsy. I read this and it made me sick. It might not be safe for work but if you can please read about what this poor poor dog is going through. If you are able to help at all please please do. There arent to many things in this world I care about so strongly but animal cruelty is one of them. I own a Pit Bull and I didnt buy my dog to fight, I bought my dog for the simple fact that they are some of the smartest most loyal things on the face of the planet. Im serious about this one guys if you have a heart and can do something please do. I know everyone that is praying for this dog and taking care of her will appreciate it. I dont want to plead anymore but click the PLEASE DONATE TO GYPSY link and donate what you can. Thanks for taking the time to read this.

AustinWolv
05-03-2005, 09:24 PM
That is disturbing. It is good to see people making amends for the coldness of some other sick, warped people.

kestrel
05-03-2005, 09:36 PM
Cant quite think of any good way to put this... Thats terrible, dogs are great animals.. I really cant see how people could actually get enjoyment or some sort of sick satisfaction out of making dogs fight...

Bstann
05-03-2005, 09:56 PM
There is a paypal link so you can send a few dollars to the place that helped her. Doesn't have to be much but every little bit will help.

PITT
05-03-2005, 10:03 PM
Thanks for adding that Bstann I was kinda worked up when I wrote it. Again any little bit will help out.

shakman
05-04-2005, 08:29 AM
That's one of the most horrid things I've seen in some time. The cruelty of people never ceases to amaze me.

Thanx Pitt for posting this. It's disturbing, but something we should all be more than aware of.

Agrovale
05-04-2005, 08:49 AM
Despicable. I am glad there are some good people in this world still that will give their time and money to help Gypsy. I know I didn't start this thread, but I would still like to thank any of you that donate. :)

Phaedrus
05-04-2005, 10:40 AM
PITT, thanks for making this post and giving us an opportunity to help Gypsy. I'm sure, as a lover of Pit-bulls, this is even more disturbing for you...

Reading dark comments,
I was curious to see;
Now I'm sickened.

As facetious as I can be in these forums or on the field, I am not playing around now. I am a huge fan of the English Bulldog breed, who for centuries (before 1600) was bred for bull- and bear-baiting. Centuries before that (i.e., well before 1300-1400), the English Bulldog's ancestor the "allaunt," "alaune," or "allan" was also used for the sport of baiting lions. It wasn't until 1835 in Great Brittain that bull-baiting finally became illegal in spite of being inhumane since its inception. If find this especially deplorable in light of the breed's well-known and loving, yet stubborn, temperament.

Sadly, Mankind hasn't stopped treating certain breeds of dog so horrifically. Gypsy knows this only too well. This seems quite ironic in light of the Western canon. Without intending to preach, or failing to recognize other spiritual texts, I quote the following:

'God summoned a beast from the field and He said, "Behold man, created in my image. Therefore adore him in the wilderness, shepard his flocks, watch over his children, accompany him wherever he may go...To do these things," God said, "I endow you with these instincts uncommon to other beasts: faithfulness, devotion, and understanding surpassing those of man himself...And in return for this, man will fulfill your needs and wants, which shall be only food, shelter, and affection...So, be silent, and be a friend to man...This shall be your destiny and your immortality..."
-from Genesis (as cited by Andree, 1998).

We are left wondering, 'How does Mankind repay this allegiance with such horrific cruelty?'

In addition to helping out Gypsy, if anyone is interested in getting more information about the English Bulldog breed, or information regarding English Bulldog rescue programs please PM me.

Thanks PITT,
PHAED.

Bstann
05-06-2005, 08:36 PM
Thank you for your generous donation. Gypsy's reconstructive surgery has been scheduled. She leaves for Knoxville on Sunday, so that she can be at the University of Tennessee on Monday morning. Gypsy will be gone about 4-5 weeks and I'm pretty sure we're going to miss her--a whole bunch!

Gypsy was "dog-napped" on Tuesday by one of our volunteers. They went to the park--Gypsy wanted to chase the ducks, but she's still trying to get the hang of being three-legged so the ducks were safe! Our volunteer reported that just about everyone who saw her at the park knew who she was including a police officer who said that seeing Gypsy in person would make him try that much harder to find the person responsible for her injuries.

Wednesday, Gypsy went back to Eastridge Animal Hospital to be spayed (no more babies for her). Gypsy has another personal appearance scheduled for Friday at the Gastonia Boys and Girls Club. They've been raising money to help pay for her surgeries and they requested that she come and pick it up in person! Gypsy is more than happy to oblige!

Thanks for all that you have done and continue to do.

Tri-County Animal Rescue

Alexis, NC

Forge
05-09-2005, 02:55 PM
Ernies... that boy is always on top of the things that really hit home. (Mostly pr0n, but hey it's the goodness in life.)

PITT
05-10-2005, 08:05 AM
An email update from Joann Hager of the Tri County Animal Rescue...

Gypsy has arrived in Knoxville and was scheduled to meet with the vet at 11:00 this morning. They may start their procedures as early as today! While it was sad to say good-bye to her yesterday, we are happy that she will soon have a fully functioning mouth and nose!

Enclosed is a picture of Gypsy recovering on her bed (with all of her babies). She went to visit the Gaston County Boys & Girls Club and she was a big hit with all of the kids! Through the efforts of 11-year-old Tre Williams, over $200 was raised to help with Gypsy's surgery. With kids like these, maybe the world won't go to h*ll in a handbasket!

The other picture is of Gypsy's arrival in Knoxville. She was greeted by members of Animal Rescuing and Fostering Networks (ARFNets). A couple members of the group have volunteered to be Gypsy's "parents" while she is in Knoxville. They will visit her and take pictures of her so that we can all share in Gypsy's journey toward wellness!

Again, we can't thank everyone enough for their donations, prayers, best wishes and supportive e-mails. Gypsy is a wonderful dog and with everyone's help, we are going to make sure she has a wonderful life!

Tri-County Animal Rescue
Alexis, NC

Just thought i'd put the update on Gypsy up. Thanks to all of you guys who donated a little bit and said a prayer.

PITT
05-19-2005, 06:59 AM
Heres another update on Gypsy for all of you who care.

An email update from Joann on everyone's favorite FrankenDoggie!

Here she is!!!

Ernie, please post something on your site about the tremendous outpouring of love, prayers and money from the folks that support you. We had a $4 check yesterday from a man in Texas that is out of work but said he wanted to give something....I appreciate his contribution so much because he gave from his heart and he gave all he could...others of us give donations and we don't feel the pinch but this man gave all he had and he is feeling the pinch of that gift...which makes me feel so humbled.

Gypsy is doing great...she has astounded the doctors with her ability to heal so quickly! She truly is a miracle dog and we love her.

I owe you so much for all that you have done to get her story out to the world...if/when I have that first born son, he is yours!!!!

Your site really has made the difference between me borrowing the money to cover the bills and having enough donated to cover the bills....I am forever grateful to all that gave to Gypsy.

Joann Hager
President, Tri-County Animal Rescue