PDA

View Full Version : [05-01-05] May 1 Skirmish at Hunters 12:00

CenterMass
04-26-2005, 02:58 PM
Lonestar Airsoft automatically generated this thread for the following event:
May 1 Skirmish at Hunters 12:00.

If you plan on attending the event click HERE (http://www.lonestarairsoft.com/forums/calendar.php?do=getinfo&e=135&day=2005-4-26&c=1).
This page contains a list of those attending. Please post if you have any special requests.

B.C.D.
04-26-2005, 11:24 PM
I'll be there if I don't have to work that Sunday.

udt7miller
04-28-2005, 08:40 PM
Me and a couple of friends would like to come. Is that ok? We have never played in major games before. I was just curious on how it works.

PITT
04-28-2005, 08:44 PM
Will there be a gimp section at this game? I guess I need to find a nice camo cover for the neckbrace. Sorry I cant make it out this weekend, Lord knows id love to play but I dont see much airsoft in my near future. Have a good one boys. Hey at least this way you no one will have a temper tantrum for being shot in the junk.

AustinWolv
04-28-2005, 09:28 PM
udt, everyone is welcome. The only requirements are that players practice firearm safety, skirmish safely using the TASO rules, and skirmish honestly. Other than that, no worries. At these local weekly skirmishes, people just show up, and teams are divided up based on the number present. If a person comes with friends and wants to stick alongside them, that is of course ok.

PITT, just Krylon Camo series paint should take care of that neckbrace nicely. ;) Get better, man.

spazzytroy
04-28-2005, 10:42 PM
I've suddenly found myself in need of some AE .25's for this weekend, as the .25's I previously used in my sidearm don't feed correctly in my new Hi-cappa. Is there someone attending that I can purchase a bag from?

boombaby
04-30-2005, 07:19 AM
I am going to try to make it out this weekend, but I have never been to Hunters so I might be a bit late.

AustinWolv
04-30-2005, 09:36 AM
spazzy, PM Agrovale. Or just hit his site: www.airsoftworx.com

spazzytroy
04-30-2005, 11:31 AM
Ah, well when I posted I didn't see him on the list, and didn't want to make him drive all the way out to hunters for me and a lonely bag of bb's :)

Bear
04-30-2005, 11:39 AM
I'll be there, but just for a bit, then I gotta jet.

boombaby
04-30-2005, 11:49 AM
Hold on! Since when do the skirmishes start at 12: 00, I remember them starting at 1:00. Could someone clarify this for me please.

-Drew

PITT
04-30-2005, 11:58 AM
Be there by 12 pm. The games dont actually start at 12 everyone just needs to be there by then. I myself usually show up early so I can get my gear together and say my hello's to everyone.

boombaby
04-30-2005, 12:44 PM
Yeah, thats what I do, I just interpreted that the games bagan at 12:00.

Thanks for the clarification.

PITT
04-30-2005, 12:49 PM
No problemo................. Any time I can help out i'm glad to do it.

boombaby
04-30-2005, 02:43 PM
Ok, a few more questions. This being my first time at Hunters, I was wondering who I pay when I arrive. Also I was wondering how long I should expect the games to go on? I know at TXPB they usually last till five.

Thanks for the help

Icedog213
04-30-2005, 05:48 PM
Games usually go on to about 5 here too. Most of the time we give the money to Barry who in turn gives it to the owners of the land.

Marimba
05-02-2005, 08:54 AM
Just to say that I had a really good time playing with everyone yesterday. I have felt that our games lately have been much more enjoyable. I feel really lucky to get to play with such a dedicated group. I have poked around some of the other internet forums and have come to the conclusion that not everywhere do other Airsofters get to have regular games, let alone really good quality games every week the way we do. I have also really enjoyed the mission or scenario games in the last few weeks.

Anyway, thanks to all,
Marimba

Katana
05-02-2005, 02:30 PM
Damn straight.

boombaby
05-02-2005, 04:26 PM
I loved the game where one team had to defend the well.

Katana
05-03-2005, 09:36 AM
I know that for the defense mission, the defenders were outnumbered and outgunned, but we intentially gave ya'll and pretty defendable spot in an attempt to turn it into big circled-wagons style gunfight. Hopefully the defenders had as much fun as the attackers did. The defenders won that game, BTW. We let the game keep going, but the flag was only grabbed about 2 minutes after the end of the 1hour game.

Anyhow, That one was my favorite, because I lasted longer than I did in the first one. :)

boombaby
05-03-2005, 07:52 PM
Yeah, I know that I had a blast defending. I do recall someone wasting a whole box mag on the tree I was hiding behind. As I was leaving I went and looked at the front and an area of about 1 sq foot was missing bark.

AustinWolv
05-03-2005, 08:17 PM
Welcome to the world of suppressive fire. ;) It isn't really a waste if you had to keep your head down.

Wrangler
05-03-2005, 09:25 PM
I agree, the "well" game was lots of fun. What was amazing about it was, that at the end of the game (the over time to) the only defenders left were all kids with the exception of B.C.D. I believe. It was amazing seeing this group of kids take on the on coming swarm of support weapons and one guy jumping around with a pistole with some success!! I had allot of fun just watching that battle. It made my day, even with the car problems. :usa:

Peyton
05-04-2005, 07:04 PM
I loved that game!
My Bad, I also missed quite a few things :doh: .
I'll have it in there soon.
Hope we can get all the details so that we can do it again, because that was a great game!

AustinWolv
05-04-2005, 07:08 PM
Put it in the scenario forum, following the format guidelines outlined there.

boombaby
05-04-2005, 08:19 PM
I think the only reason the kids were still left was because we didnt advance, and also because we are small enough to fit behind the scarce cover that was around the well.

B.C.D.
05-05-2005, 06:47 AM
The "well" game was lots of fun I have to say. The whole game was fun, but I have to say it would have been ether way if only alone because I had to go to my pistol even if I had to spend my shooting time on the ground. As not all of us left were able to find cover big enough for them self's.

Good games all around folks.