PDA

View Full Version : Team Names

Obsidian
08-08-2003, 09:43 AM
I need some help coming up with Names for the sides. We also need to determine how we are going to break everything up.

Keeping all the austin people on one side would be nice in that we would all know the lay of the land. I think that we need to take most of our regular unaffiliated players and put them on the other side just so they will get the full experience of the OP as our side might be kinda disjointed and screwy.

mcoupe11
08-08-2003, 09:51 AM
According to the Rangewars site, we Austinites are known as "Surenos," with the squiggly line over the "n" that I don't know how to type. http://www.txrangewars.com/modules.php?name=News&file=categories&op=newindex&catid=4

Obsidian
08-08-2003, 10:24 AM
hehe let me try
.......~
surenos

:)

Jay
08-08-2003, 10:35 AM
I like the TASO plotline. So, I think we should stick with Sure˝os. Also, I think the hometeam will be hurting for numbers. We should prolly keep the Austinites together.

>>>>>>>>>>>>

Hold 'ALT'
Tap in succession on the keypad*: '0 2 4 1'
Release 'ALT'
˝

David Jay Covington's Keypad Shortcuts for Dummies«

« = Alt 0,1,7,4

*You must use the keypad, laptopians; not the keyboard numberline

AustinWolv
08-08-2003, 11:12 AM
Nice find, Jay. Doubt I'll ever remember it, but I can always try to find this post again. ;)

˝ Yeaaaaaah! ˝˝˝˝˝

:D

As for the names, go with the TASO plotline. Plus Sure˝os sounds kinda cool.

Obsidian
08-08-2003, 12:22 PM
ahhh thats why.....I looked up the character but it would not work....I am on my laptop hehe. No keypado

Obsidian
08-08-2003, 12:24 PM
hehe ok well if that is spanish for southerners...what is spanish for all the rest or the others....everybody else...etc :)

AustinWolv
08-08-2003, 02:02 PM
Look at Sami's link above.

Obsidian
08-08-2003, 03:07 PM
I dont want the nortes names....because we are going to lump the north and east together along with everyone else. So I figured if we had a name that meant everyone else or all the others than we could call the other team the Confederation of....

Jay
08-08-2003, 04:09 PM
Yes, the gentlemen who named the northerners 'Nortes' did a slight disservice. It should be Norte˝os or, more cool-like, Los Soldados del Norte.

Anyhow, Obs, you SHOULD have a keypado. Hit your numlock key and use the numbers superimposed on your letters... I think u=5 or something.

* We should change our name to
Da Southside Tech G's
alternatively known as the STG's

«}ý╗ý↓ýc♫∙˝Ť╘▌╥╙╒▒▓┤ă↔▲▼░♣╣˘║█úąĽń↕

AustinWolv
08-08-2003, 04:10 PM
........what about these?

1. Culeros
2. Mamones
3. Hijos de la chingada
4. Putos

I'm not entirely sure of the spelling, but I'm sure Jay could correct me and provide translations.

:D

Jay
08-08-2003, 04:20 PM
The nice translation:

1. Culeros = Butt Pirates
2. Mamones = Suckers
3. Hijos de la chingada = Hell Spawns
4. Putos = < hmmm. no nice translation for this one:D >

Agrovale
08-08-2003, 04:20 PM
I vote for Cuervos.

Jay
08-08-2003, 04:33 PM
seriously?

Confederaciˇn de Taso Mayor
The Major [larger, greater, majority] Republic of Taso Confederation

Confederaciˇn Nororiental
The Northeastern Confederation

Los Compatriotas
"Los Compas"
The Countrymen

AustinWolv
08-08-2003, 04:36 PM
Weak. :p

Obsidian
08-08-2003, 04:43 PM
hehe my POS dell laptop didnt come designed with ASCII art in mind. You would think the engineers over there would fix stuff like that.

Anyways I could we could just call them the confederates.... would be a good play off the names of ghost hunter

Jono
08-08-2003, 04:44 PM
I vote for Assbags and Thunder-nuts to be the names.

mcoupe11
08-09-2003, 10:07 AM
I imagine this has already been discussed in some form, but I'm curious to know what everyone thinks about how the sides are broken up. As I understand it, we local teams are to be undermanned. I guess my question is this: to what degree are we to be outnumbered? As confident as I am in FOG and WC's combined ability to hold off a considerable horde of toy-wielding quasi-soldiers, my gut feeling is that anything more extreme than about 40/60 requires some meticulous planning/scripting so that both sides have a reasonable chance to compete, and so that every unit has something to keep them busy/amused.

I also understand that there are to be "attached forces" on our side; are these forces to be composed of players from San Antonio, our local unaffiliated players, or maybe whatever Apoc can get together?

Just requesting some info and hoping to prod the discussion along. Thanks.

AustinWolv
08-10-2003, 11:12 AM
hehe my POS dell laptop didnt come designed with ASCII art in mind. You would think the engineers over there would fix stuff like that No kidding, right? Those damn lazy software engineers. :p

Sami, I would propose we (FOG and WC) pick up the SA players for starters, as they are still loosely knit, renegade-style players who don't have a ton of experience, yet their "leader", Cecil Johnson, has played in a couple ops and is a fun, smart player.

Obsidian
08-10-2003, 12:01 PM
Thats a good idea....plus this will be the 2nd time that some of them have played the field. We will see what kind of numbers that gives us.

mcoupe11
08-10-2003, 11:12 PM
I was pretty impressed by the group that Cecil rounded up and brought today. Imagine my surprise to see a convoy of 8 cars from SA lined up at the gate to Hunters. I counted at least 12 of them, probably more. Their presence at SD would certainly beef up our numbers.

Obsidian
08-10-2003, 11:29 PM
Agreed.....Plus that would allow us to keep the southerners together. They will have some knowledge of the field too.

On a side note I am constantly amazed at how retarded some airsofters are. I got an email from a guy on the Txrangewars account. He was kind enough to tell me the name of this OP was Operation Green Smoke because that was the one listed. It was also suppose to be in decatur. Then he told me that I should change the info on the front page because the info for the OP was wrong. :)

AustinWolv
08-11-2003, 02:19 AM
And I'm sure you were kind enough to tell him to shut the fuck up, correct? :p