PDA

View Full Version : Goggles

ryanmoret
04-17-2005, 06:43 PM
I wear glasses. I am looking for a pair of goggles that will fit comfortably over them, without spending too much money. Does anyone have any recommendations.

Dragon
04-17-2005, 09:35 PM
Very few options. I too wear glasses...

Just saying "without spending too much" is a bit vague...

There are Ansi rated goggles for about $8 or $10 upwards to $150 or more.

TurboFans barely fit over my glasses and it's not a perfect fit, plus they fog badly with both glasses AND the goggles.

Prescription inserts cost extra on just about every goggle so that's an added expense.

Getting goggles made in your prescription costs extra.

Contacts cost but then you can wear just about any goggle you want hence lowering the cost of the goggle you may buy.

ryanmoret
04-17-2005, 10:07 PM
I am just looking for simple goggles that will fit over my glasses for less than or maybe around 20 dollars.

Dragon
04-17-2005, 10:16 PM
Less than $20, fit over glasses, ANSI rated, you get things like this. http://www.keysan.com/big/picsacm3299.html

If you want leet, sexy stuff then your price is going to go up with those guidelines.

SPLAT
04-18-2005, 09:40 AM
Visit Walmart :P. Seriously, paintball goggles work for airsoft. All you have to do is cut, or work-around, the face mask to just get to the goggles.

spartan9873
04-18-2005, 06:07 PM
I got contacts (not for airsoft reasons) and i tried my glasses on and then some goggles... contacts help a lot.

txbaseball911
05-18-2005, 03:16 PM
I wear my contacts when i play and i tried to wear my gogles and my eyes got all screwed up because i started to sweat. since i cant see without them i have to ear just contacts but anyways wutever u need might work.

AustinWolv
05-18-2005, 03:56 PM
txbaseball, forum standards around here call for using basic English and spelling in posts. "u" and "wutever" are not word. "cant" means something different than "can't". Please take the time post clearly in the future. Thanks.

txbaseball911
05-19-2005, 03:07 PM
Yesturday I went and bought some goggles. I need help tring to clean them. What type of cleaner do I use? and where can I buy it.

AustinWolv
05-19-2005, 03:08 PM
Yesturday I went and bought some goggles. I need help tring to clean them. What type of cleaner do I use? and where can I buy it.
What kind of goggles?

Dark Paladin
05-19-2005, 03:28 PM
Your local sporting goods store should have some goggle cleaners in their hunting section. I could've sworn I saw some at Academy's here in Austin.

red112
05-19-2005, 08:52 PM
I use Bausch and Lomb lens cleaning tissues and they work great. I think they are like 6 bucks for 50 of them at walmart

Mattdawg789
06-03-2005, 06:24 PM
My friend wears glasses and he just got some of those marine sand, wind and storm goggles they work great over his glasses.

miguel
01-07-2006, 09:11 PM
I haven't bought anything yet but I know shooting glasses are allowed at skirmishes right? Do I need to get sealed goggles for any ops specifically the Crecent Fallout op comming up?

Kilo
01-07-2006, 09:44 PM
Everyone remember that ANSI rated goggles are required for almost ALL of the skirmishes/OPs/etc...so you might as well spend your money on the right product if you plan to stay in airsoft and be covered under all the circumstances.

Dark Paladin
01-07-2006, 10:11 PM
I haven't bought anything yet but I know shooting glasses are allowed at skirmishes right? Do I need to get sealed goggles for any ops specifically the Crecent Fallout op comming up?

I'm not sure where you got your information, but regular shooting glasses are not allowed. Ballastic shooting glasses are allowed, but be prepared to back up your claim. Full sealing goggles are not required by TASO, but are generally required by field owners and op organizers due to insurance/liability concerns. Questions like this is usually addressed by going through the TASO documentations regarding rules of engagement and safety.

http://www.texasairsoft.org/forums/article.php?a=3

Dragon
01-07-2006, 11:59 PM
Shooting glasses are sometimes forgiven/used at Hunter's IF you are an adult.

TASO Op's call for ANSI rated full sealing goggles.

http://www.texasairsoft.org/forums/article.php?a=3