PDA

View Full Version : Wiley X, SG 1 V-Cut

Kilo
04-17-2005, 05:20 PM
Are the Wiley X SG 1's approved for use at TXPB and Hunters?

Anyone have any experience to share on these?

Thanks,

Kilo 64

kestrel
04-17-2005, 05:34 PM
Yes, they meet the sealing requirement for TXPB and are ANSI Z87.1 certified. From what I've heard the Wiley X line is really bad in the fog department, you may want to check out the ESS product line (http://www.safetyglassesusa.com/milgog.html). The Turbocams are hailed as some of the best goggles out there.

AustinWolv
04-17-2005, 06:30 PM
Kilo, the SG1's are really dependant on the user. Some people have no fogging problems with them, while others, typically the sweaty types, will fog them up very, very quickly. The SG1's as I understand it are really meant for high-movement activities, like motorcycles, armor convoys, helo gunners etc., where forced airflow is consistent.

Kilo
04-18-2005, 06:42 PM
Thanks again, Wolv...

Think I'll get contact lenses and the new V-cut with improved vents...

PITT
04-18-2005, 06:53 PM
Kilo, the SG1's are really dependant on the user. Some people have no fogging problems with them, while others, typically the sweaty types, will fog them up very, very quickly. The SG1's as I understand it are really meant for high-movement activities, like motorcycles, armor convoys, helo gunners etc., where forced airflow is consistent.

By sweaty types do you mean us fat kid's?
My smith and wesson shooting fog up on me every now and then, but I used some of Jay's ESS goggles at the first TXPB game and they didnt fog up on me at all. As for my personal preference I like shooting glasses because they dont interfere with your perifial vision, but that's just my 2 cent's. I'd look into the ESS goggles for the full sealing use at TXPB nad most other paintball places that game's are held at.

AustinWolv
04-18-2005, 07:03 PM
By sweaty types do you mean us fat kid's? LOL! I suppose I get categorized in that group then too. :)

I've even had Wiley-X ballistics glasses fog on my slightly sometimes.

As always, the key to any eye protection is keeping them clean. The fewer tiny particles, smudges, oils, and so on that are on the lens means less items to which moisture can adhere.