PDA

View Full Version : TLP chargers

Zatarra
04-05-2005, 11:17 PM
I have a TLP charger and the cooling fan seems to have broken. Does anybody know where or how to get replacement parts? Has anybody had any experiance with this problem?

AustinWolv
04-06-2005, 02:37 AM
I've heard of the fan getting "stuck" before. Give it a whack and that will sometimes free it up. If not, sorry, don't know about replacing parts on it. Best would be to look up one of the service centers to see if you can send it in if you are attached to it.

Cecil
04-06-2005, 05:45 PM
Interesting...I replaced mine with a Radio Shack replacement fan when it ended up sticking quite a bit. It's relatively easy to replace - just take the sticky fan with you for reference.

AustinWolv
04-06-2005, 05:50 PM
Good way to invalidate a warranty, if one existed. Other than that, kudos.

Cecil
04-06-2005, 06:51 PM
Well, mine was two years old when I replaced the fan. I'm sure the warranty expired by that point and no mention was made how old Zatarra's is.

AustinWolv
04-06-2005, 07:00 PM
Good info.

Just a different approach to the same problem, both of which either lead to a fixed product or buying a new one:
Option1 - Undertake fixing product by yourself
Risk1 - Attempt to fix product at unknown cost; doesn't work -> have to buy new charger
Risk2 - Fix product at unknown cost -> Good to go.
Option2 - Send it in to get repaired
Risk1 - They fix it and charge you for unknown charge -> Good to go
Risk2 - They cannot fix it -> have to buy new charger
Risk3 - Fix product at no charge-> Good to go

Multiple solutions to the same problem, all of which are valid in the end. :)

Zatarra
04-06-2005, 11:10 PM
Thanks guys for the help! I think i might purchase a new fan and replace it myself.