PDA

View Full Version : Tactical Vest Adjustability?

Mouse
05-12-2003, 10:52 PM
I have decided that my next airsoft related purchase will be the purchase of a tactical vest. I see alot of good vests out there for reasonable prices, but the thing is, i really dont' know how big it is going to be when i get it! I am a tiny guy and i would like my vest to fit snuggly around me....like it should.

Basically, how adjustable are tactical vests. From what i've seen, it depends on what type you buy. Could somebody provide examples of some that are...and some that aren't.

That would be helpful :)

William

Trench_raider
05-12-2003, 11:33 PM
I am a tiny guy and i would like my vest to fit snuggly around me....like it should.

And I have exactly the opposite problem. I too want to invest in a tc vest but I'm a big guy. Does anyone make "fat boy" sized vests?

I think I will post this question to other (larger) boards as well to maximise exposure.

"Trench Raider"
http://www.angelfire.com/scary/trench_raider/kittens.jpg

Katana
05-12-2003, 11:53 PM
Most vests are outrageously adjustable. Straps and buckles and velcro all over the place. I wouldn't worry too much.

If want to check up on it, I'd navigate over to Blackhawk, Eagle Industries, Tactical Tailor, London Bridge, or any of the other major manufacturer sites and see what they have to say in their web-literature, and what multiple sizes they offer their wares in, if any.

mcoupe11
05-12-2003, 11:56 PM
I don't think it's a very popular choice, but the straps on my MOLLE vest had a considerable amount of length left over after I had tightened them down; I had to fold the loose ends and tape them up to keep them from getting in the way. I can't quote any specifics, but I'm sure it would accomodate a person of fair girth.

As for individuals of a more slight build, I wouldn't be sure about it fitting well. I don't think the vest will get very much tighter than it is now, and I'm of medium build. I would guess that it was intended to be worn over body armor.

bobbythebee
05-13-2003, 12:42 AM
Mouse, I'm also a tiny guy, and my Tactical Tailor vest adjusts just small enough to fit me with my BDUs. A vest will probably fit you fine.

Trench_raider
05-13-2003, 01:02 AM
If want to check up on it, I'd navigate over to Blackhawk, Eagle Industries, Tactical Tailor, London Bridge, or any of the other major manufacturer sites and see what they have to say in their web-literature, and what multiple sizes they offer their wares in, if any.

I did just that. Sadly none of the mentioned places have a sizing chart (and in fact most tactical vest seem to be made in "one size fits all").
However I have emailed several of them requesting information on sizes. I'll post whatever results I get.

I'm doubting I will find a vest that will work. With that in mind, I am looking into chest pouches. If all else fails I could certainly "jury rig" a new set of straps. I have my heart set on the "London Bridge Holster Rig" sold by Tactical Tailor.

Wish me luck!

"Trench Raider"
http://www.angelfire.com/scary/trench_raider/kittens.jpg

Mouse
05-13-2003, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by bobbythebee
my Tactical Tailor vest adjusts just small enough to fit me with my BDUs.

I went to the website, which vest are you referring to?

bobbythebee
05-13-2003, 07:02 PM
The crossdraw one... TAC Vest 1E. All of the TAC Vest 1* series vests fit the same... or at least they should.

Paladin
05-13-2003, 07:21 PM
Trench...............the BHI DOAV fits REALLY big boys. And its set up with pouches in the right places.

Mouse
05-13-2003, 11:39 PM
Thanks bobbythebee, i have been looking at the 1A model for a long time, i just didn't know tactical taylor was a brand name :rolleyes: