PDA

View Full Version : Silencer/Tightbore Barrel for a Spetsnaz

Peyton
03-30-2005, 10:06 PM
After a second or so of searching, I found the distinct answere that a silencer won't help accuracy, but could you take a tightbore barrel from an AK47, put in in the Spetsnaz, and cover it up with a silencer? I have yet to find a specifically Spetsnaz barrel, and it seems that most of the AK parts are interchangable.
(This is a new to airsoft question, right?)

AustinWolv
03-30-2005, 10:17 PM
Short answer, yes. AEG barrels are interchangeable. Only the length changes.

Longer answer, yes and no. The key to optimum muzzle velocity for an AEG lies in matching the proper cylinder type with a certain length inner barrel. Thus, you can't take a M16A2 barrel and stick it on a MP5K, expecting the optimum muzzle velocity. The MP5K cylinder has holes in it, so it does not produce the same volume of air as the M16A2 cylinder (referred to as Type0) which has no holes in it.

Note: I don't recall what cylinder is in the Spetz, but I do know the inner barrel is shorter. The cylinder in there *might* be fine, but I'm doubting it. You'll want to look into that, as you want an AK or Type0 cylinder if you plan on using an AK47-length barrel.

Marimba
03-30-2005, 10:23 PM
Peyton, send a PM to skitelluride531. He has run a Spetz with an extended tightbore barrel covered by a silencer in the past. He should be able to give you more specific information. I think there is a photo of such a set-up in his user gallery.

Peyton
04-02-2005, 09:26 PM
Thank yall

Obsidian
04-04-2005, 09:46 AM
You have to drill out the end of the beta if you want a longer barrel to fit through there. The threaded part of the outer barrel narrows so an inner barrel will not fit through there.

Peyton
04-04-2005, 09:20 PM
okay, but I'll still be able to use the threaded parts, right?

Obsidian
04-05-2005, 12:41 AM
okay, but I'll still be able to use the threaded parts, right?

depends on how good you are with a drill or a dremel. You only want to cut on the inside so you should be able to do that without killing the threads :)