PDA

View Full Version : Want the Aimpoint look, but not the price?

AustinWolv
03-30-2005, 08:35 PM
With all the cheap copies out there that are airsoft-specific, one option that is getting decent reviews and is meant for real rifles is the Hakko Tacpoint.
Info here: http://ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=18&t=208728

That is an option to consider for those who don't necessarily have the $$$ to spend on a real Aimpoint, but want something a bit more durable (and with a warranty) than one of the cheap Airsoft knockoffs.

BigLucky
03-30-2005, 10:53 PM
It is also a perfectly viable sight for real steel

AustinWolv
03-30-2005, 11:19 PM
Yeah......
is meant for real rifles

CALI
03-31-2005, 07:09 PM
Good Info...I saw one today at a guns store in Round Rock (Main Street). I don't remember the name but they have it there for $95.

AustinWolv
04-05-2005, 06:11 PM
Recently picked one of these up to fill an empty spot on one of my rifles. :D

It is much nicer than the Samurai I had briefly. It isn't as nice as the two real Aimpoints I have, but it is definitely adequate for Airsoft. The dot is clear, bright, and crisp. The dial clicks into the different settings well which is something that I haven't encountered on an Airsoft replica to date (the dials always feel mushy), but if you aren't careful, it can rotate in your gun case or something rather easily, leaving it on and draining the batteries. Check it before putting it away is a simple fix.

There is bright blue lettering on it, but that can be blackened out easily enough. There is also a darker blue ring on the body of the sight that doesn't serve a purpose except to probably avoid being nailed legally as an Aimpoint copy. I don't know the legality of that, so just speculation on my part.
The lens caps fit on very tightly, but they do feel a bit cheap at the hinges when popped open.

Considering what some of the replicas cost, I'd rather go with this particular sight over those.

Actual field comments will be added when applicable.

self-edit: The blue lettering can be removed with nail polish remover by the way.