PDA

View Full Version : M16VN questions

lost_soul
03-25-2005, 04:53 AM
Ok I have a M16VN in pieces.Upper receiver broken and delta ring/barrel collar missing parts(notched ring :confused: ). If I replace the upper receiver with another type M4, A2 series, will that effect anything ? Then if I replace said receiver could I then use that corresponding delta ring unit? I want to retain use of the existing VN handguards/barrel unit, with minimal costs.

Obsidian
03-25-2005, 08:48 AM
Thats a good question. The VN and the A2/m4 series are radically different in just about every aspect. That being said I think you could do it. You would have to change the upper and the lower most likely. You will probably also have some work to do with the feedtube/hopup. The VN front should have no problems mounting on the A2/M4 body since they both use a screw on barrel nut. Keep us posted and take pics :)

Falcon
04-04-2005, 09:30 PM
The barrel nut and threading is completely different between the A1 series (M16A1/VN/XM177) and the A2 series (M16A2/M4A1/M773) so the short answer is no, it won't work. You'll need to get the A2 barrel and associated hardware to make it work. I think the handguards are interchangeable, but because of the way the barrel attaches on a VN, it is unusable on a newer metal body.

lost_soul
04-05-2005, 01:22 AM
Thanks for the info.