PDA

View Full Version : Best ways to increase my rof

Ehmark785
03-22-2005, 01:46 PM
I have a stock tm g36 with stock and a integrated scope+ box mag and i am trying to think of some good ways to upgrade my rof which i want to be as high as possible while doing minimal damage to the gun and also not hurting my velocity.I was thinking ofa 9.6v 3000mah battery or a 10.8v and either high torque gears or high ratio +polycarb piston and new piston head. Do you know any other methods of increasing rof .If so please tell me and also which of the above would you recomend?

AustinWolv
03-22-2005, 01:52 PM
With a stock spring, you don't really want to push more than 9.6v through it. That alone will provide plenty of ammo flying downrange.

Read this: http://www.airsoftplayers.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6829&SearchTerms=high,speed

Ehmark785
03-22-2005, 02:03 PM
What about new gears which type would you recomend?

AustinWolv
03-22-2005, 02:11 PM
First, how fast do you want to go and at what muzzle energy/speed?

Second, what is your budget?

Third, how often do you feel like replacing parts?

Lastly, depending on those, that drives what gears I would recommend. For example, with a stock spring and running 9.6v pack, upgrade to standard ratio gears. No need for more torque. No big need for more speed, unless you are really wanting a fast, fast gun.

Obsidian
03-22-2005, 03:00 PM
The easiest way to increase ROF is with a larger Battery. Everyone always wants to upgrade all the parts inside but I think that is a waste of money. I ran my G3SAS for over a year with a 10.8v battery and spring and bushings. When it finally died the other week it was because the piston had worn down. Simple fix...throw a new cheap stock piston in and I am good to go. When you put expensive reinforced parts in there you are just increasing the likely hood that you will destroy more parts when something finally gives....and you can be guaranteed that it will.

AustinWolv
03-22-2005, 03:10 PM
I ran my G3SAS for over a year Time is not indicative of part life. Number of rounds gives the true story, especially since people switch between guns and skirmish differently, in terms of frequency and gameplay style.

Ehmark785
03-23-2005, 12:25 AM
i want my gun to go around 350fps while having a high rof while not hurting durability or reliability.I am open to all price ranges.

AustinWolv
03-23-2005, 08:34 AM
i want my gun to go around 350fps while having a high rof while not hurting durability or reliability Hehe, I bet you want your cake and eat it too? Parts and setups needed to accomplish this are listed in that ASP thread I linked, as well as advice during the course of this thread. I recommend reviewing those, such that you can learn what is out there and what high ROF-experienced people are doing. After that, if you are still confused, drop back in there with your questions. :)