PDA

View Full Version : STAR 30 Round M4/M16 Magazines

Ralph Wiggum
03-14-2005, 10:43 PM
I purchased a box of the 30 round STAR magazines and they work great. Ten magazines for ~$45 arenít all that bad. Yes, they are plastic, but they still hold BB's. 30 BB's to be exact and that makes 600 rounds total. That does mean you will have to use a little more trigger discipline.

My only gripe with these magazines is that it seems like the last two or three BB's don't want to feed. This may be due to the fact that I had not sprayed any silicone down inside the mag-well (I have now remedied that).

Now, I am using a Classic Army M15A4 rifle, so I'm not sure how these magazines will work with other Armalyte AEG's (Tokyo Marui, G&G, etc). I'm also not sure which metal bodies will work (Hurricane, Systema, etc). If anyone wants to try these out, just find me on the field.

Anyhow, the bottom line is that if you are looking for some inexpensive magazines to fill out your pouches, the STAR magazines will do it. Of course, I recommend a few hi-caps too.

This is just my opinion of course. :)

EDIT: Added this to the review section (good call HH).

HammerHead
03-14-2005, 11:26 PM
RW - you might want to add this to the Airsoft Products reviews section... or tack it on to another review on the same product.

Agrovale
03-15-2005, 08:33 AM
They are 30 rd (effective) magazines. Meaning you should get 30 shots, and there will be a few left over in the mag.

Obsidian
03-15-2005, 09:51 AM
Good review....Agro...Raise the price :D

AustinWolv
03-15-2005, 10:14 AM
Good info RW. Having it in both places is good too.