PDA

View Full Version : Visiting Austin April 18-29

JDaveUSMC
03-04-2005, 08:52 PM
I'm coming to Austin to take a 9 day class at Dell at the end of April, and am wondering where I can find some info for fields/organizations out there that will have games on Saturday or Sunday. I'll have my guns with me if I can get verification of a game, and transportation will not be a problem. I'm 26, and active duty US Marines stationed at the Pentagon. Give me a ring if you can provide any info at [I'll need to know basically the FPS limits of the field and required protection. Anything else will be great as well.

~Josh Davenport
Webmaster / Trustee
Mid-Atlantic Airsoft Player's Registry
http://www.maapr.com

Obsidian
03-04-2005, 09:52 PM
Yup we will most likely have a game that day. We have had them every sunday for the last 3 or 4 years :)

FPS limits are 400 fps for standard AEGs. You can find more info on www.texasairsoft.org. Which field we are at will depend on which weekend it happens to fall on. Other than that all you need is your goggles :) I am sure we can get you more info and help as the end of april approaches.

JDaveUSMC
03-04-2005, 10:02 PM
Do players wear camo, and what colors work best in Austin? Woodland patterns, or desert patterns?

400fps? I'll have to swap mechboxes then. Our limits in Virginia, Maryland and DC are 450 with .20's. Not a problem then.

If you could, how far from the Round Rock complex (Dell HQ) is the field? Just an estimate will do.

AustinWolv
03-04-2005, 10:56 PM
Sent you a reply email.

Distance from the RR campus depends on what field we are playing at that particular weekend, as two are in use on a rotating weekly basis. Hunter's is roughly 25-30 miles, while TXPB is roughly 15-20 miles.

Players wear full BDUs, and I would generalize that woodland will suit the environment better.

TXPB requires fully-sealing goggles, while Hunter's is up to players (who are over 18) if they want to wear fully-sealed goggles or ballistics glasses.

JDaveUSMC
03-06-2005, 07:50 PM
Good deal. When I get my TAD orders, I'll post here that it's definate, as well as my phone number, and if someone could give me a call when I get there for directions, that would be great!

AustinWolv
03-06-2005, 08:01 PM
No sweat, see you then.

JDaveUSMC
03-31-2005, 09:16 AM
Ok. Orders are in hand. I just got an email from Maxerbater about some OP he's hosting that weekend. Will most players be at his op, or at the "weekly skirmish"?

HammerHead
03-31-2005, 09:22 AM
It's hard to tell right now. He just selected a date and price for the event, very few players have had a significant opportunity to make a choice, one way or the other.

Right now, it appears that several members of Whiskey Company will be attending the event. It's difficult to measure activity, one way or the other, based solely on us. But it does suggest that there will be an LSA presence at the event.

JDaveUSMC
03-31-2005, 09:35 AM
I'm just looking to hit a good sized game while I'm out there. Either way, I'm gonna be in a game. I need to set my schedule and decide.

AustinWolv
03-31-2005, 09:43 AM
JDave, just a heads-up that the 4/23 op by Max is south of Austin in San Marcos (about 40 minutes).

JDaveUSMC
03-31-2005, 09:45 AM
That's fine. That's the best thing about rental cars with unlimited mileage.

JDaveUSMC
04-07-2005, 10:37 PM
Any updates on a game on the 23rd? Or is Max's OP the game to be at?

AustinWolv
04-08-2005, 04:44 PM
Any updates on a game on the 23rd? Or is Max's OP the game to be at?
Yep, that particular Op will be the only skirmish that particular day, and I think a few players from various cities will be there. It will be the first time Max has run an op and the first time for most people to have had fun on his property.

JDaveUSMC
04-08-2005, 04:50 PM
Sounds good to me! I'll be there then!