PDA

View Full Version : gear box installments

1nt3rl0p3r
08-05-2003, 07:54 PM
I was messing around the other day with my gear box in order to install a better cylinder. I was prying it open with a knife when the case burst off. parts were scattered so I dont know wat goes where, or if I have any broken parts. I need to know how to get this thing back together, and before I start losing pieces. Please help me

AustinWolv
08-05-2003, 08:30 PM
Start here: http://www.austinairsoft.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=FAQ&file=index&myfaq=yes&id_cat=5&categories=Upgrade+FAQ

1nt3rl0p3r
08-07-2003, 03:42 PM
thanks that gets my gears in place. However I still have all these tiny springs, and I have no leads as to where they go or what they do. please help. Also if someone could explain to me how each individual part of the box worked I could probably rebuild it. If one of the admins was willing I could mail you all the parts with some extra $$$ and then they could mail it back to me when it was reassembled. and I don't want to have to get off work and drive out there on sunday just to give someone my broken gearbox, if you can help please respond.

Obsidian
08-07-2003, 04:09 PM
Are you sure you have all the parts? Can you give it to someone else to bring to the game? whcih part of town do you work in?

AustinWolv
08-07-2003, 04:15 PM
I'd be willling to help, but I'll be away on business. Besides, Obsidian will take care of ya. :)

1nt3rl0p3r
08-08-2003, 09:01 PM
Hey I almost have it completed. It was very complicated but I managed to decipher where 2 of the tiny springs were to be placed. They were the cylider like springs with rings at either end. I have 2 tiny springs remainging. both are paper clip style springs. Now all I need to know is where to install the remaining springs and im done. Please help.

AustinWolv
08-08-2003, 10:06 PM
Paper-clip springs? I am not quite sure to what you are referring, but two springs I can think of off-hand that are not the coil springs to which you referred are:
1. The spring that goes on the anti-reversal latch
2. The spring that goes on the trigger

Is one fairly small gauge wire, while the other is much thicker?

Agrovale
08-09-2003, 11:01 AM
I think Wolv nailed it. I can't think of any other springs that can easily fall out. You already figured out the one on the tappet plate. The heavy one is for the trigger, and the light one is for the anti reversal latch.

cclark1985
08-09-2003, 11:09 AM
In some gear box's there is also this spring that's sorta like the tappet plate spring, and it's purpose is to do "something" in the trigger mechanism. Without it installed properly, expect a blown fuse or worse...

1nt3rl0p3r
08-10-2003, 06:18 PM
ye I think a-wolv got it right. Yes one is thicker than the other. What I meant by paper clip was that if you were to rake a paper clip and twist around a certain way it would look remotely similar to one of the springs. Clark what is a tappet? Just to be certain is there any chance that someone could post close up pictures of the parts, just so I am not constantly having to move springs around. thanx :D .

cclark1985
08-10-2003, 06:44 PM
tappet plate is what is connected to the nozzle that runs to one of the gears. That gear moves the tappet plate back and forth, moving the nozzle back and forth, which allows for another bb to be loaded and fired.