PDA

View Full Version : m15a4 problem

swampdonkey
02-27-2005, 06:54 PM
Well I just got my brand new m15a4 and shot about 1 high cap through it and then the it stopped shooting. The motor sounded like it was trying to turn over but it just couldnt so I opened up the foregrip and saw the fuse blow out right in front of me. I mnot that good with fixing guns so if someone could tell me what might have gone wrong and what I need to do I would greatly appreciate it.

AustinWolv
02-27-2005, 08:42 PM
New Classic Army gun, eh?

First, are you sure your battery was charged completely? A semi-charged battery could cause your problem, although unlikely, as most of the time you'll just hear the motor clicking if a battery isn't charged enough.

9 times out of 10, when a fuse blows, the gears are shimmed improperly. Put another fuse in and see if it blows again. If so, that means there is too much friction somewhere in the mechbox.

Ideally, you could get your gun to a local experienced player to take a look at the mechbox, making sure it is shimmed properly.

Marimba
02-28-2005, 09:50 AM
Make sure the battery is fully charged, replace the fuse, then try again. My gun did this once, but after making sure I had a fully charged battery it never happened again.

swampdonkey
02-28-2005, 05:50 PM
Thanks alot, thats what the problem was it just scared me alot because this is a brand new gun.